Buck fever

woodfordfallow

Can anyone tell me what buck fever is. How you get it or how you get rid of it.
Do you get it from bucks. or bucks and doe's. can you get stag fever also,
Can you get pills for it.Its not in the medical books.
Please help.Mabe its just a joke.
regards brian

I'm treading carefully here because I suspect this could be a wind-up, so all I'll say is Buck Fever is a state of mind rather than a physical illness ;)

....although in extreme cases reports of increased heart rate, shakes, heavy breathing and an itchy index finger have been documented.

At the height of the fever it has often been known to cause such words as "Bugger" and other colourful phrases to be shouted.
It can come on very suddenly and always between 21 October and 31 March. It can cause baldness by pulling ones hair out, and can bring on hyterical laughter from mates. It can be cured with the assistance of your Mrs who must let you out to partake in your favourite sport more often.

Its a well known fact that like aids,you can only catch it by having sex with the males of the species,hence the naming of buck fever.Either you use a Tesco bag for protection or stick to does and you should be ok.

Disclaimer
Anything you do as the result of
this advice which can be deemed
as stupid cannot see me as held
responsible.

Last edited:
At the height of the fever it has often been known to cause such words as "Bugger" and other colourful phrases to be shouted.

Sorry Gazza, I need to correct you there.... No link between buck fever and tourettes has ever been proved.

Sorry Gazza, I need to correct you there.... No link between buck fever and tourettes has ever been proved.

Ask Mr. Falcon Nother-one and Mrs. Truly 'Kin-Crackmeup. I think they might disagree with you.

Forget Buck fever, I seem to have a natural immunity to it. But I have regular recurrences of Fox fever, when i see Charlie bowling in on the call I can turn to mush. I shoot them regularly but still get embarasing relapses :oops: , [doesn't make me miss though].

Munty I am banned from shooting at foxes because i get it so bad. Never missed a deer in the UK, also never hit a fox with a rifle here haha.

Now I get myself so worked up before I shoot.

Its a well known fact that like aids,you can only catch it by having sex with the males of the species,hence the naming of buck fever.Either you use a Tesco bag for protection or stick to does and you should be ok.

Disclaimer
responsible.
Bloody hell I was out with bill last week he said (i've had a buck ) and i now know what he meant. I know he's got buck fever.
I've been sitting in a high seat with him. I think we should name and shame the bloody lot. Bill mark simon ryan and that buckbones well need i say more.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sako751sg

Disclaimer
responsible.

Bloody hell I was out with bill last week he said (i've had a buck ) and i now know what he meant. I know he's got buck fever.
I've been sitting in a high seat with him. I think we should name and shame the bloody lot. Bill mark simon ryan and that buckbones well need i say more.

:rofl: I love it....thats the thread, not humping Roebucks!

Back