Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job hunting is crap

Job hunting is crap

I'm in the process of looking for a new job for the first time in 22 yrs. I'm out of the air force later this year and trying to find a job is a bit of a shock. It's not helped by the fact that I can't start till early June but the sooner I get a job offer the sooner I can get a mortgage and can plan for the rest of my life. Things will fall into place, but itís scary till it does.

Whats ur trade fella?

I feel for anyone trying to find a job at the mo..

Best of luck mate with the job hunt and with life in civvi's

What pat of the country do you plan to settle down in and what line of work are you looking for.

Hope you find what you are looking for soon mate.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Same situation. It's a nightmare. Love a dream job gamekeeper, estate hand etc but no luck. Recently applied for an £18k year ranger job- they wanted a degree in conservation and certs in chainsaw and brushcutter!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

I'm looking in the Telford area, but will go where the work is. Though I think the wife wants Telford.

You still haven't said what you do.......
    £30k plus per annum driving buses in Aberdeen. Its advertised on all the buses.
    Does help if you speak Polish........
    best of luck though

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    You still haven't said what you do.......£30k plus per annum driving buses in Aberdeen. Its advertised on all the buses.Does help if you speak of luck thoughAlan
    I'm an Avionics Tech, it covers a lot electrical/electronics wise, I'm also prety dam good mechanicaly. I'm ab bit of an all rounder really. For resettlement I've done all the domestic sparky courses. I can turn my hand to almost anyhting, don't like admin, I can do it, but don't like it.As for Polish, I'm not good by any means but can make myself understood.

Check out Inverness Courier dated yesterday, gillie (fishing) required for the river Conon, fished it nice bit of river and good catch rate.