Hi from the sunny Isle of Purbeck.

New to this site. Shooting for many years, personally and professionally - all types - from a .17 HMR to knock over the odd bunny to .308 required for the rather hardy Sika around here.

Hi Matt

Welcome from another brand new member.
I would guess I have a lot less experience than you (so hoping to suck up lots of info), but I am just up the road at Bere Regis area.

Tom

Not far from me at all! - I'm Wareham based - recently moved and seeking some shooting locally, I've got a couple of blocks of land in north Dorset for stalking but would dearly love something closer. Know of any local synidcates? Always happy to pay for a stalking lease if you hear of anything. Whats your background - were do you shoot?
Matt

Not far from me at all! - I'm Wareham based - recently moved and seeking some shooting locally, I've got a couple of blocks of land in north Dorset for stalking but would dearly love something closer. Know of any local synidcates? Always happy to pay for a stalking lease if you hear of anything. Whats your background - were do you shoot?
Matt

Hi Matt
Used to do a lot of airgun stuff about 10 or 12 years ago up on a large permission in Didcot when I lived in Oxford.
Moved down to Hants / Dorset in 2003 but didn't get back into shooting (air rifles) until about 18 months ago. Through this last year I've been shooting shotgun. .22 and .17hmr with friends both on their permissions and also over on my own (on their open ticket for a .22).
My own permissions comprise of a set of local paddocks (by my house), a small local golf course and a large farm down at Bridport.
I have only just had my interview for SG and FAC and have got coming .22, .17 and .243 (with a sponsor and hence I have also joined this site). The .243 will only be suitable on my Bridport permission and the golf course needs a high seat (or similar approach) so I am also looking to try and secure another local farm of reasonable size.
I also shoot a couple of north Dorset permissions with a friend who has them, but this is just on an occasional basis.

Like yourself, I am looking for some proper stalking ground, plenty of Roe around here along with a very few Sika.

I am the genuine newbie to centre fire though. Not just new on here, but new full stop.

Stay in touch though as you never know what is round the corner for me and likewise for you.

Hi Matt
Used to do a lot of airgun stuff about 10 or 12 years ago up on a large permission in Didcot when I lived in Oxford.
Moved down to Hants / Dorset in 2003 but didn't get back into shooting (air rifles) until about 18 months ago. Through this last year I've been shooting shotgun. .22 and .17hmr with friends both on their permissions and also over on my own (on their open ticket for a .22).
My own permissions comprise of a set of local paddocks (by my house), a small local golf course and a large farm down at Bridport.
I have only just had my interview for SG and FAC and have got coming .22, .17 and .243 (with a sponsor and hence I have also joined this site). The .243 will only be suitable on my Bridport permission and the golf course needs a high seat (or similar approach) so I am also looking to try and secure another local farm of reasonable size.
I also shoot a couple of north Dorset permissions with a friend who has them, but this is just on an occasional basis.

Like yourself, I am looking for some proper stalking ground, plenty of Roe around here along with a very few Sika.

I am the genuine newbie to centre fire though. Not just new on here, but new full stop.

Stay in touch though as you never know what is round the corner for me and likewise for you.

Good luck with finding some ground lads.

Thank you thank you - fingers crossed. Just been out today but 'diddly' out, shame - freezers looking empty and I've got a local butcher who cant get enough of the stuff!!!! Next time.

Back