clear plastic screening

tattie

Hi all,
I am looking to get some clear plastic screening strips like you see in larders/ butchers etc, for putting over the entrance of the sleeping quarters in my dog kennels.
Does anybody know of manufacturers or links for the above.

Cheers

Arco do it in various different weights and colours. it's called strip curtain and can be very expensive. Sorry dont have a link but if you google Arco you will find it.

Ezzy

Macgregors insudstrial supplies in inverness sell it in a roll. Bought some for my dad the last summer.

How much are you needing (it's about a foot wide) i could see what he has left he might part with it a cheapily!

What size do you need ?, send me your requirements and address and for the cost of postage I will sort you out

Thanks ezzy & aliS,

It is great when you you know what something is called it makes the search much easier.

I am needing about 28' of 4" wide stuff but it needs to be thin, around about 2mm, as I looked at some thicker stuff a while back and the dogs would need to take a run at it to get through, and it also would be less inclined to close up behind them.
Any idea on what thickness the stuff your father has is aliS?

jonty h, I just spotted your post, I will pm you, thanks.

Last edited:
I have this material on my dog pens but if it is too thin it just blows about in the wind you need to cut it the exact width of the entrance to the box and hinge it with the correct hooks at the top if you let me know what size I will send you some for the cost of P&P

Thanks ezzy & aliS,

It is great when you you know what something is called it makes the search much easier.

I am needing about 28' of 4" wide stuff but it needs to be thin, around about 2mm, as I looked at some thicker stuff a while back and the dogs would need to take a run at it to get through, and it also would be less inclined to close up behind them.

Any idea on what thickness the stuff your father has is aliS?

Are you lookin it to make a cover for the entrance into dog kennels ?, I used 2mm quary screen belt in the past. I cut a small circle in the middle of the entrance and then slits outwards from the circle, this left a relatively small hole which helped with keeping heat and bedding material in. I was lucky to get the belt for free from an friend. I also used to make dog treadmills with similar material.

it will be in the post to you tomorrow Tattie, all for the cost of the postage
all the best
Jonty

Back