Budjet Binoculars

sinbad

After having my van broken into over new year, I have had to buy a replacement pair of binoculars (amongst other things).
I finally settled on a pair of Barr & Stroud ED 8x42 open hinge with bak 4 prisms. waterproof with a 10 year gte and weigh 660g.
field of view is 114mts at 1000mts. (swaros 8x42 are 133mts at 1000m)
optical clarity is really good
Got them at optical express in swindon (on e bay) retail £300 there price £200
worth a look if you are in need of some binos,
First time out sunday Spotted a fallow buck in thick woods no problem.
Sinbad

After having my van broken into over new year, I have had to buy a replacement pair of binoculars (amongst other things).
I finally settled on a pair of Barr & Stroud ED 8x42 open hinge with bak 4 prisms. waterproof with a 10 year gte and weigh 660g.
field of view is 114mts at 1000mts. (swaros 8x42 are 133mts at 1000m)
optical clarity is really good
Got them at optical express in swindon (on e bay) retail £300 there price £200
worth a look if you are in need of some binos,
First time out sunday Spotted a fallow buck in thick woods no problem.
Sinbad

Hi Sinbad,

Can I check how you are getting on with these binos? I'm thinking of getting some. I'm particularly interested in their last light performance.

Thanks

Tom

They have proved to be excellent value and quality Tom, 2.5 years of use and no problems at all, i now have a pair of ziess 7x42 as well. and although the ziess is better at first and last light, the difference isnt that much.
Paul

Cheers Paul, that's really helpful.

They're £149 on Amazon, seems a real bargain for ED lenses. I know they'll not match the top binos but if we're talking 5 minutes less or so I can live with that.

Thanks

Tom

Back