Thread: Another Hello from Canada

Another Hello from Canada

I was referred to this site by a member. Unfortunately it appears I deleted his original e-mail where he had listed his username.

I decided to join this site as I hope to hunt for red deer in Scotland some day and hunt roe at some point as well. My family is from Scotland on one side and Ireland on the other 3 generations back.

I have been a licenced big game guide in Canada (all four western provinces and two territories) for over 3 decades. I also trap, love to wet a fly when time permits and am an avid reloader. My wife and I have a ranch in Manitoba where we raise commercial cattle and have a few horses. My wife is also an avid hunter and angler and has been a licenced big game guide for about 20 years as well.

That is about it in a nutshell.

Hi Makwa, enjoy the site. David
    It's accuracy that kills.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hey there, from over the pond.

welcome to the site, hope you make it over to Soctland and get a chance to fish and hunt.

Do you know where you Scottish ancestors came from?

Gents, thanks for the welcome.

Robbie............ well the last name is Ross and if memory serves, it is the Balnagown area. My Aunt has a stack of info on the ancestors and I have only waded through some of it. She spent years researching.

I plan on getting over there at some point in the not too distant future. It is on my bucket list and one must not put that stuff off for too long.