Opportunities for stalking in the highlands on Sika and Reds

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
As in previous years (except last year) I am considering running a week for SD members on my 8000 acre lease in the highlands of Scotland. In the past this has consisted of signing off Level 2 portfolios for some members, and for others the experience of stalking the open hill and old caledonian forest which is present on the estate.

The area is north west of Inverness and has accommodation on the estate, with a salmon river running through it (which I do not own the rights to, before anyone asks) At this point in time I am mearly testing the water to see if there is enough interest from the membership.

The cost for the week would be £75 a stalk, no kill fee on spiker reds or sika. Mature beasts would carry a kill fee £350 either Red or Sika. The cost for the cottage would be split between all those staying and you buy and cook your own food. The week would be arrive Saturday and leave Saturday, last week of September. The week would be open to all, novices included.

Thank you gentlemen and ladies.

Best wishes

Sikamalc

Out of interest how many stalks during the coarse of the wk is expected 1 or 2 per day ?
How many does the cottage accomodate ,dose every1 have to stalk ?
Can salmon / trout fishing be arranged ?

The cottage, depending on which one we use for the guides to stay in will hold 5 people very comfortably. You can expect to undertake 2 stalks per day, weatheer and conditions permitting. You do not have to stalk everyday, but I would not expect someone to come up for a week and only stalk once or twice (that would be taking the p).

As I said NO FISHING. This is pure stalking for Sika and Red.

attn all,

I have done this week.
I did it with various members from the forum.
Anyone who attends this will come away with a smile on their face.
The stalking there is for all degrees of stalkers.
I had some accompanied stalks with members that malc brings up, all very good guys and treat you as one of there own.
If you only get a week of the year to go shooting well this is where you should go.
cant wait to see the pictures

atb f,

I had better make sure the camera is charged up, just in case there is an interesting moment or two to capture :D

John

A,up Malc

Ill take a week with you pal

I got a couple of nice 10 point reds with you so wouldnt mind a nice Scottish Sika

If you end up with a few guys and some of them want level 1&2 training im happy to lend a hand

Atb

Terry

Does that mean a days stalking with two stags will cost £850 ? (£350 + £350 + £75 + £75) plus tips & accom of course.

No it doesn't add up quite like that deerpath. I think if you are interested you had better drop SikaMalc a pm. I had a week up there the last time and it was good value for money and very enjoyable mainly due to the very friendly helpful nature of the guys involved and also because of the good company of the other shooters. I am seriously considering asking if I would be allowed to go again and have mentally already pencilled in the last week of September in the diary.

Last edited:
A,up Malc

Ill take a week with you pal

I got a couple of nice 10 point reds with you so wouldnt mind a nice Scottish Sika

If you end up with a few guys and some of them want level 1&2 training im happy to lend a hand

Atb

Terry

Malc, I know I pm'd you to say I was interested but you didn't tell me "The Silver Fox" was planning on putting in an appearance. I might suddenly have to become "unavailable" ;)

ATB,

Scrummy

Malc, I know I pm'd you to say I was interested but you didn't tell me "The Silver Fox" was planning on putting in an appearance. I might suddenly have to become "unavailable" ;)

ATB,

Scrummy

Lmao... See if you can get some time off bud as im up with twelve mates diving Scapa in June..

Be good to catch up again bud

Terry

PM sent.

But for anyone else. It is the same as previous years, except it is £75 a stalk with no kill fees on spikers for Reds and Sika. Mature beasts even trophy heads will be £350 each.

As the average cost is now £500 for a Red Stag and approx £400 for a good Sika it is not overpriced. The choice is yours, if you dont want to take a good beast, dont!! if you take a spiker, yearling it will cost you nothing, except the outing fee.

This is not a definate week yet, I am mearly testing the membership to see if there is the same interest that we have had in the past, when it was over subscribed.

Hi Les,

Seems like there is a lot of interest in this week, look forward to chatting with you mate. As always a pleasure to be in your company.

Best

Malc

Back