Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&B Scope - a bargain?

S&B Scope - a bargain?

Hi guys - just found this on eblag

8x56 S&B, Hungarian - new, buy it now price 339 - UK seller, free p&p.

If you are in the market for one it sounds like a good price.

Just a thought though - don't blame me if its less than perfect, im just the messenger!

whats the difference between these and the german ones then?
    also im not to keen on the reticle,
    what do you guys think?

1shot1kill, ive got a s & b 8x56 with a 30mm tube its hungarian, i asked what the difference was & the gun shop owner said the only differance is that 1 is from germany & 1 is from hungry its the same scope,& an excellent one at that andy

Hungarian Vs German

I have asked a S&B salesman what the difference was.

He confirmed all components are exactly the same.

Skilled labour is cheaper in Eastern Europe.

I have a S&B 8x56 Hungarian. Why pay an extra 200+ for it to say German on it instead of Hungarian, with no difference in quality!!!

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    I have seen this on ebay as well, its a 1" tube, but should still be fine, to me its hell of a deal, here is the link.

S&B Hungarian

The retail on these will go mental if the > price does not improve.

I have 2 S&B scopes one german in 3-10x56 and a 8x56 fixed, both are tops

The reticles are thicker european style for hunting not the paper puncher plex reticles of the USA.

They take getting used to and whan zeroing @150m it can cover the point of exact aim but all in all excellent quality.

You won't go wrong with one of these scopes, I have a Hungarian one and it's very good.
    was on the phone this morning to York Guns for a cleaning kit for it and out of interest I asked for a price on one 30mm tube------548

I bought mine last May and it cost me 410 brand new
    Did not realise how much they have gone up.

Hi i bought a s&b hungarian 8x56 last June before the euro went completely crackers im just so glad i did i love it to bits woodnt swap it ive taken shots from 100 yards to 230 it hasnt let me down.

I bought a second hand 8X56 Hungarian about 18 months ago for 250. It has worked well for me and really is wonderful glass for that sort of money. I know that fixed magnification scopes are not exactly flavour of the day but it is ideal for me as there is nothing to fiddle with and I can have excellent glass for less than the cost of most of the low end variables.

As others have said it will cover the precise point of aim at 100+ yards but for most purposes that isn't such a big deal.

I would guess that I'd soon be able to sell it for more than I paid for it and I would certainly say that it is worth considering 2nd hand optics if they are coming from a reliable source.

Just my ten penneth,
    back from Poland, boar shooting under the full moon over snow. A thick reticule would have actualy been very useful in those conditions! My duplex was just too thin to see against the side of a boar.