Loadall-over the road!

Munty Hunter

Had our shoot day ruined today by a farmer who first decided to go too fast down a hill and tip a load of SH1T into the road. He went home and got his Loadall to clear it up and promptly capsized into the sh1t narrowlymissing a house with the boom and blocking the road for a hour and a half.

Anyone got any comment or simmilar happened on a shoot day?
Loadall-over.jpg

i know of someone who tipped a loader up going round a corner too quickly. door was open, no seat belt was worn, he was lucky that only his ankle was trapped under the foot step. wrecked his ankle and now gives him lots of jip...

i know of someone who tipped a loader up going round a corner too quickly. door was open, no seat belt was worn, he was lucky that only his ankle was trapped under the foot step. wrecked his ankle and now gives him lots of jip...
I bet the JIP suffered from his ankle is nearly as bad as the JIP given to him from his friends :rofl:

I have had one slip into a ditch, (off a very muddy track) the trouble is with four wheel steer the arse end pulls you into it.
BUT on a road you should be in 2ws, especially with that bloody great bank by a house.
I think he was very lucky, not to mention the occupants.

When I was on building sites not to long ago, people are quite surprised as how easy they actually tip over. Telescopic more so boom outreach on the angle easy to tip.
Least as it looks never hit the house.

Typical farmer , why do they travel with the boom in the air ? who in thier right mind would try and drag it back onto its wheels with the boom still fully extended and a bunch of ****ed off shooters in the way

First time ive seen 1 tip side ways ,seen quite a few tipping forward due to driver error either over extending with to heavy a load or driving/turning with to heavy a load.The people in the house were lucky on this 1.

Typical farmer , why do they travel with the boom in the air ? who in thier right mind would try and drag it back onto its wheels with the boom still fully extended and a bunch of ****ed off shooters in the way

well hows he going to get the boom back in he can't run the engine at that angle

well hows he going to get the boom back in he can't run the engine at that angle

Exactly, I should think he was trying to pull the muck back or reach off the road.
If the boom was out on that road I don't think he would have got too far.

Quite simple 1 person pulls the lever the other person on a tractor with a chain pulls the end of the boom/ forks back towards the cab , the levers only control a valve letting hydraulic oil travel one way or the other .

Ther is a safety device that locks the hydraulic apparently. They decided to remove the pin from the top of the ram and lower the boom manually, then tipped it back up. The anoying thing was they then ****ed about getting it started for half an hour, then put the pin back in the ram. All this before actually having the sense to get the sodding thing out the road and let us through.
Now their insurance may be hit with our loss of two Pheasant drives.

Most modern loadals have an overide key which allows you to bring the boom etc towards the ground and cab with or without the engine running .In theory it lowers the centre of gravity making it safer to get out of awkward situations

A keeper round here over took the beaters cart in his truck and hit a car coming the other way last week oops

would you try to retract the boom without engine power?, obviously no one present to do the business with the hydraulics, so what's the option?............. funny how so many owners of equipment get to purchase & use it without any sort of training, yet we who operate within industry can't go for a cr*p without some sort of cert!:rolleyes:

Finnbear , yes you can retract most hydaulic rams without the engine running as the engine only drives the hydraulic pump , so no pressure from the engine to pump means you need to apply a secondry pressure gravity or by pulling machanically by another means .

And i tend to aggree with not being able to have a crap without a cert , as the induction given on the first day on site normally tells you where the toilets are etc LIKE YOU WOULDNT FIND THE TOILET WITHOUT THAT LITTLE STICKER ON YOUR HARD HAT SAYING INDUCTED --/--/--

Prat of a driver tipped our beaters cart over a couple of seasons ago a few broken bones but all lived to tell the tale and all dogs were ok see if I can find some pictures off my old laptop, he was warned to slow down but being such a cockey **** thought he was clever, if I said somebody didn't get hold of him I would be a liar :rofl:

I suppose saying Sh1t for brains is not very helpful.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the shooting.

SomeoneI know was driving behind a tractor towing a load of shale/Stones, when going up a hill the trailor detached itself from the tractor and rolled down the hill towards my friend. He tried to reverse out of the way of the trailor and backed into the hedge. However as it was a narrow track, he could not get totally out of the way in time. The trailor hit his car and unloaded the shale over his car. It broke the windscreen and filled up the car nearly burying him. It covered his chest and then stoped. He was off work for ages and still has pschycological problems several months after. Being trapped in your car, being buried alive with stones is not nice, especially when caused by a plonker of a farmer.

last year I was also forced off the road and into a stone wall by a convoy of 3 tractors racing down a narrow windey road. They came round a blind bend forcing me into the wall. They did not stop and I was left with a damaged car to repair.

In the last 12 months farmers on the road have been a real menace!

I suppose saying Sh1t for brains is not very helpful.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the shooting.

SomeoneI know was driving behind a tractor towing a load of shale/Stones, when going up a hill the trailor detached itself from the tractor and rolled down the hill towards my friend. He tried to reverse out of the way of the trailor and backed into the hedge. However as it was a narrow track, he could not get totally out of the way in time. The trailor hit his car and unloaded the shale over his car. It broke the windscreen and filled up the car nearly burying him. It covered his chest and then stoped. He was off work for ages and still has pschycological problems several months after. Being trapped in your car, being buried alive with stones is not nice, especially when caused by a plonker of a farmer.

last year I was also forced off the road and into a stone wall by a convoy of 3 tractors racing down a narrow windey road. They came round a blind bend forcing me into the wall. They did not stop and I was left with a damaged car to repair.

In the last 12 months farmers on the road have been a real menace!
It amazes me how a tractor towing a trailor can run on the road at 30+ tons with no MOT and a minimal amount of tax around the £25 mark per annum .

Back