Hello, a brief introduction …

Rowan

Firstly, Rowan is the name of one of my dogs! I’m hoping to get some advice from you lot about shooting Fallow Deer, not with the gun, but with the camera. I don’t stalk, but I do game shoot and am privileged to spend a number of days a year out driven shooting with a TSD member. Game shooting, dog work with retrievers and dog photography are my passions, but am beginning to get interested in wildlife photography and have a Fallow project planned for 2012 in South Oxfordshire (England), near to where I live. I have a couple of specific questions, about Fallow behaviour, where is the best part of the forum to post them?

John

Welcome to the forum - refreshing introduction; nice to see deer related interest being broadened.

By no means an expert on picking right sections for posts, but no one is likely to get too irate about a genuine thread placed in 'seemed best fit thread'. The Biology thread most likely best fit, but if ever in doubt go with general section.

No evidence, other than my own experience, but most members ( I think ) search new posts tab on signing in - so queries posted will likely get spotted regardless.

Hope helps - and happy to be corrected if goofed ( in interim just blame me );)

Hi John, good to see you on the site. What camera do you use? Always good to see wildlife pics here. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. ATB David :thumb:

John

I understand from your nephew that we're in the same town...

Welcome to the site - I only joined a couple of days ago, but plenty to read up on

Rgds
iain

Back