Available: Contracts

How do these contracts actually work:?: do you have to make a financial tender:?: i understood that the contractor is on a piecework basis.....

Price per beast paid for
You have to put in a price to cover costs per beast shot
Ie £60 or £100 per beast
Deer are entered into a FC larder and you don't get carcass,all costs off beasts shot

How do these contracts actually work:?: do you have to make a financial tender:?: i understood that the contractor is on a piecework basis.....

Aye paid for what's shot. contracting isn't as easy as made out on this forum. You canny just tender the lowest price just to get the job the system doesn't work like that. There's absolutely tons of paper work & field work before you even tender. Your proven track record is the main thing. You may tender the lowest price but what use are you to the commission if you canny cull deer.

Aye paid for what's shot. contracting isn't as easy as made out on this forum. You canny just tender the lowest price just to get the job the system doesn't work like that. There's absolutely tons of paper work & field work before you even tender. Your proven track record is the main thing. You may tender the lowest price but what use are you to the commission if you canny cull deer.
Spot on,not to mention woods heaving wi folk oot for a walk

it's time on the lamp that counts in that game lads, the ex fc guy up near mine took 5 in one night last year but went 3 straight nights without one which gets the anus a bit twichy if you've costs to cover

I think you have missed the point,

they want the highest bid to pay to stalk.

Yea I figured that but meant that if they split the contract. not many of us on here would shoot 600-750 deer a year. It would be good if our lovely publicly owned forestry commission would split these into sections that us mortals could afford!!! I don't really have a spare 50k to go shooting as fun as it would be I think the wife would kill me if I remortgage the house for that!!!!

You don't pay £50000
That's the estimated worth of the contract,before costs have been taken off
You tender a price per beast that you feel will cover your costs
Paul at Barony you're bang on,lamp is needed for numbers
This is not for recreational lads,this is a job of work,not an easy one either

:rofl: YOU NEED TO BE A GOOD WITH A LAMP OR YOU NEED TO GET TAUGHT PRITY QUICK. PAPER WORK IS CERTAINLY A EYE FULL AND YOU MUST GET THEM ALL YOUR SELF NO BRINGING THEM IN/

it's time on the lamp that counts in that game lads, the ex fc guy up near mine took 5 in one night last year but went 3 straight nights without one which gets the anus a bit twichy if you've costs to cover

my anus would be twitchy if I only came out the forest with 5 :rofl: that wouldn't even cover the diesel.

It is a hard game lads very hard, the lamping is handy a handy part for numbers but certainly not the most important part. For that number of deer you will be on the land morning, noon, evening & night depending on numbers culling. It certainly ain’t recreational stalking it’s culling.

One of these contracts is in forestry near me and it is full of walkers ,mountain bikers ,runners etc morning noon and night . It would deffinately need to be lamped to make your targets but it would be hard and frustrating work.

Back