Sika Stags But no gun

docholiday

Taken in the Poole basin, have stalked around this area on several occasions and not managed to get myself a Sika Stag, of course out last friday trying to get photos of some Avocets, and there were the most perfect shots presented without a care in the world. they know when you have a gun, I tell you they know.......:norty:
1ca93ea1.jpg

These ones knew thy had the protection of their own moat

fcb8b433.jpg

9b94a5e8.jpg

d596c150.jpg

Excellent photos, well done. How far away from them were you when you took the shots?

Hope it was a safe backstop and all that ! :rofl:

They are all wild, but I am sure they knew they were safe, the three sitting down looked like they had taken up position with a moat around them, this small area has a lot of people and no shooting, how the deer knows I havnt a clue

I am off up to Scotland with the camera rather than my rifle end of feb to shoot Red Deer, hoping for some snow and really looking forward to it so hopefully will have some more deer shots then:lol:

This one has an injury to its rt eye, didnt notice it on the day only looking at the photos after. may have been from the rut last Nov or just an infection

8218a261.jpg

I am off up to Scotland with the camera rather than my rifle end of feb to shoot Red Deer, hoping for some snow and really looking forward to it so hopefully will have some more deer shots then:lol:

Cracking pics mate and hope you enjoy your trip up here but as for the snow you can keep it south of the border thanks :lol:

Back