Iceland

solvi

Hi all,
my name is Solvi and I have some friends in UK that I hunt with. I think this is a good side to gain some knowledge from, for my future hunting and some advice and tips on guns and reloading.
My rifles are SAKO 222 heavy barrel, SAKO 85 in ´308 and SAKO 75 in 300WM + 3 Remington shotguns. I reload for my rifles but it´s not worth it to load for the shotguns.
And I am a member of BASC

Welcome to the site Solvi,

I have often wondered what shooting there is in Iceland. I know there is very good Salmon fishing, but h ve not heard of anyone shooting there are there any Deer?

The only deer we got is reindeer, but we have plenty of grouse, geese and ducks and they are the most popular.
Many hunt seals just for the sport. In the winter we hunt the Artic Fox. There is a lot of sea birds that we hunt from boats and from the cost.

Hello and welcome to a member from possibly the most visually impressive countries, in the world. Love Iceland, hope you enjoy the forum!

Thanks for the warm greetings.
Brian can't do, going to Norway in April and then for 15 days to Turkey for the sun with my grandsons, so I have to mind the budged. If thinks go as planned, I will visit Paul in Baldock after the reindeer season.

welcome to the site solvi
im planning a 4x4 trip over to iceland touring and brown trout fishing could you recomend any outfitters
many thanks davy t:tiphat:

Back