No competition

admin

Administrator
Dear all,

We have suffered a blow in the competition department. The people from sporting rifle, when it was time to renew the competition, made us an offer that we could refuse. There is no way that we can meet the financial outlay they were looking for, so I am afraid that last months competition was the last one.

We are at present attempting to get another competition sponsor, and if we manage it the details will be passed on.

Our apologies for this.

Admin

It`s not the end of the world now is it?
Thanks for your efforts Admin and good luck in finding another sponsor.
basil.

Even if you don't have prizes there is no reason not to have a competition.

You could, for example, have a competition to write the best "trip report" during the month. It would get everyone posting reports of their stalking and a winner could be selected. There doesn't need to be a prize for it to be good fun and give everyone a bit of inspiration and a laugh.

Equally you could run the photo contest on a monthly basis with not too many restrictions on what you can submit but with a focus on deer or outdoor life. Those who want to take part can do so and as there is no prize at stake it can but just a bit of fun.

i must admit the sporting rifle would be daft to turn down advertising but hey the credit crunch is hitting every one.

Hi all
As a previous winner I find this a shame!
I dont know what the financial deal was but I'm sure we could work out a deal where the competion remains in the same form but maybe a different sponsor provides a prize each month eg small goods, sling, knife, sticks if you get my gist.
Cheers.
Dickie.

comp

Now thats a shame
but thanks for letting me win before it ended ;)
its a good mag , sure somthing will come our way :cry:
JayJay

Back