im sick of cold feet

bobjs

i have a cracking set of boots and they are fully waterproof fart proof etc etc,

but i always get cold feet, is there a good pair of socks that you guys use that will help keep my feet warm,

thanks

bob.

Bob, If boots are too tight you will never stay warm.
I just use a proper pair of walking boot socks from the local comping shop, never had a problem.

Neil. :)

A couple of my mates got them muck boots,i cant recall which model though,supposed to keep your feet warm to minus thirty

Always use one nr. bigger boot size....then only rough knitted pure wool socks, first layer thin wool socks, second rough knitted...I prommis you will never get cold...and if you do...there is something wrong with your feet.

For extreme cold here in Norway I use Sorell cariboou boots nr 45...ususaly I use 44 in boots size....god luck with wrm feet:D

A couple of my mates got them muck boots,i cant recall which model though,supposed to keep your feet warm to minus thirty

The model are Tay Sports. I have some. Fantastically warm and comfortable and fit my wide feet and calves. BUT they are mostly neoprene and the rubber foot is simply dipped so is very thin. I've ripped mine in the undergrowth both on the neoprene and rubber. Terrible grip too.

cheers lads

looks like ill try the thin pair then the thick pair.

boots are about 1/2 bigger than they should be,

ill give it a try

bob.

I always find that if my core is warm then my extremities are OK. A pair of "Heat-holder" socks in either boots or neoprene wellies and my usual thin leather gloves. Love my HH Lifa thermals :D

i have a cracking set of boots and they are fully waterproof fart proof etc etc,

but i always get cold feet, is there a good pair of socks that you guys use that will help keep my feet warm,

thanks

bob.

I recently ordered some stuff from this company, http://www.theheatcompany.at/insoles.html, in anticipation of my boar hunting trip to Germany next week. Apparently, Swiss and Austrian police and specialforces use some of the products too.

Good luck.

cheers lads

looks like ill try the thin pair then the thick pair.

boots are about 1/2 bigger than they should be,

ill give it a try

bob.

thought you were in the army! standard practice! ha ha ha.

only kidding.

yes, as a mountaineer I can back this up...thin liner, then thick pile socks (not too tight), need plenty of toe room without heel lift - you don't want your boots too tight either. oh, some exercise, reduced drinking and quitting smoking deffo helps with blood flow to the extremities,,not just the feet:norty:

thought you were in the army! standard practice! ha ha ha.

only kidding.

yes, as a mountaineer I can back this up...thin liner, then thick pile socks (not too tight), need plenty of toe room without heel lift - you don't want your boots too tight either. oh, some exercise, reduced drinking and quitting smoking deffo helps with blood flow to the extremities,,not just the feet:norty:

cheers pkl.

been out the army for over 20 years, none smoker none drinker and i walk as much as i can when im able too.

but your right ill try the thin+thick pair with room to spare.

bob.

what i should have done was get my boots a size to big ??

Bridgedale Endurance heavyweight socks or Rohan Cool & Cold socks. If really cold, add a thin wool suit sock underneath (never needed to with these socks)

Last edited:
I've got a pair of Goretex lined British Army cold weather boots, which are the warmest and toughest boots I 've ever owned - on my 6th or 7th pair now. I wear boots all day every day have tried all the major brands.

Back