B F Goodrich AT

Steyer 6.5

Guys I'm looking for new shoes on my navara ideally want BF Goodrich AT but looking for best price any ideas who's best. Tried Tesco and they got yokohamas only £150 fitted but no BF.

hey there,i have 285 r16 mk 2 bf goodrich,they are the dogs danglies even two years in,they do get a hard time,especially just now in the snow and ice,when the bugger gets boggit,quiet on the road too,but then the landrover has plenty other noises to drown out a wee bit drone,expensive but i would have them again,cheers.

Hey slim, what size are the shoes on the new luv bus? Harolds tyres up here are the cheapest by the long chalk, fitted a company navara with MkII MT's and they took the factory tyres in exhange - came in at less then £600 for 5 fitted etc. Not on the doorstep but an early out one day when your up could save u £££.
Could also try coopers? - get good reports and available in Windermere from area dealer.

I think i paid £410 for 4 three years ago and they've done 27k,i've just swaped them front to back to get another 27k hopefully.
www.mm-4x4.com seem rather easonably priced.

Hey slim, what size are the shoes on the new luv bus? Harolds tyres up here are the cheapest by the long chalk, fitted a company navara with MkII MT's and they took the factory tyres in exhange - came in at less then £600 for 5 fitted etc. Not on the doorstep but an early out one day when your up could save u £££.
Could also try coopers? - get good reports and available in Windermere from area dealer.

Slim I weighed in at 17. 13 today that's by the by. Is your mobile on?

I got a set of General Grabber A/T's almost two years ago......still got loads of tread on them and never had a pucnture on them .....i paid £ 89 per tyre fitted .......that included the garage getting them sent up from England next day , i only have 16" wheels though............but would buy another set without hesitation

Cheapest i found recently for a set of 5 235/70R16's was £547, then an extra £50 to get them all fitted and balanced

BF Goodridge
For Sale

Four tyres and rims complete. 245/70R 16

Came off my old Mk 3 Hylux and have only done 100ish miles from new. The rims are older

Will stand a bit proud of the arches.

£450.00 picked up or you pay postage. NOW SOLD THANK YOU:D

Click here to view the original image of 640x480px and 111KB.
TooleyRemington017.jpg

Click here to view the original image of 640x480px and 102KB.
TooleyRemington018.jpg
Last edited by Max; 17-01-2011 at 20:00.​

progress.gif
Reply Reply With Quote

Last edited:
local guy knocked him down from 179. im a tad worried though now as its not the actual wheel size. at the minute tyres on are 255/65r17 but been advised by most Nav drivers that go off road to by 265/70r17 butread on a Navara forum that due having bigger size tyres that are not standard could affect insurance claim. However BF Goodrich don't due AT in 255/65r17. Worried now that may have made big expsensive mistake. Will say everyone seems to agree that the bigger size wont cause a problem on road. Thinking about Yokohama Geolander AT as they standard wheel size and they get a good review. Any thoufghts?

local guy knocked him down from 179. im a tad worried though now as its not the actual wheel size. at the minute tyres on are 255/65r17 but been advised by most Nav drivers that go off road to by 265/70r17 butread on a Navara forum that due having bigger size tyres that are not standard could affect insurance claim. However BF Goodrich don't due AT in 255/65r17. Worried now that may have made big expsensive mistake. Will say everyone seems to agree that the bigger size wont cause a problem on road. Thinking about Yokohama Geolander AT as they standard wheel size and they get a good review. Any thoufghts?

You might have to get your speedo re calibrated mate. The tyre sizes are read as 265/70R17, 265 is the width so will affect your turning circle a bit after the original 255's but not much really. 70 is the height of the tyre from the rim to the outer edge, and 17 is your rim size. Now you've got slightly taller tyres it will (i believe) affect how your speedo measures your speed. I'm no ex spurt though mate, but it'd be worth your while asking someone about it afore you drive through a speed camera faster than your dial is saying....

cheers dude got 3 points as it is so dont want more. i thought buying tyres would be easy but goy headache now. i think ill go for correct size and get the yokohamas.

If your speedo is calibrated for 255/65R17's then at an indicated 70mph, you would be doing 73.5mph on 265/70R17 - unlikely to generate much interest for speed cameras. Obviously at lower speeds the difference is less - at 30mph for instance, it is only 1.5mph. However, you should check actual speeds (for example with gps phone etc.) against your speedo as I've seen some startling speedo errors on standard size tyres.

More importantly is the insurance aspect. You should notify your insurance company of any material facts and tyres are definitely material. I've done this numerous times and they have never had any issues or made any additional charges provided that the load and speed ratings comply with the manufacturers recommendations.

A friend has the G012 AT Geolanders on his Navarra and is happy with them. I haven't driven it but riding in it, I was struck by how quiet (for an AT) they were on the road. It's too early to comment on wear.

Personally, I would also look at the new Grabber AT's if you want acceptable on-road performance and excellent off-road capability.

HTH
Knots

Steyer

I ran that size tyres on my navara for 2 1/2 years with no punctures and no problems. Great performance on and off road and I sold them on the truck still going strong after 78,000

You have made a good choice you won't regret!

OT

Back