another bad shot

davy t

just watched tonights fieldsports chanel and if you look at the fallow doe shot a split second later a car passes behind the beast
i say close call what do you think:-|

could we see the youtube link, if there is one..or the web link please?

otherwise how can we comment.

Hey look guys, it's they real Roy Lupton on The Stalking Directory - we're getting famous with all our superior knowledge and extraordinarily scrupulous analysing of youtube clips in search of stalking righteousness:cool:

8.39 in slow motion and that "car" looks suspiciously like a rabbit or hare hightailing it across the field :oops:

It wasnt just any rabbit though. If you watch it in super slow motion you'll notice it's got Norma T shirt on and a rivers west hat.

Can the moderators delete this stupid post, i spent a fair bit of time watching the video and wish i hadn't listened to the first comment made because there was no car, all this is, is some moron trying to be clever / funny

Fieldsports tv is one of very few resources that publicises our sport to the rest of the world and hopefully gives outsiders more of an understanding of what we do and why, and encourages new people to get involved.
Lets not be so quick to criticise what is ultimately a low budget affair, trying to entertain and inform - especially when what you criticise isn't even true!!!

Agreed. It looks like a rabbit that runs from the right side of the doe to the left. Perfectly safe and perfectly placed shot. I think Davy owes Roy an apology...

No car, but I wouldn't call it a perfectly-placed shot either as whilst the entry wound may look to be in the right place in 2D, in 3D, with the deer quartering towards the rifle, the path taken by the bullet striking behind the right shoulder would miss the heart to the right-hand side, clip a lung, then pass through the liver and probably into the rumen. So if they got a clean gralloch out of it I'd be surprised.

OTOH as has been said before, video is deceptive, especially when edited, so the rifle may have been to the left rather than to the right of the camera and the doe presenting more of a broadside shot than it appears.

In any event, the deer was recoverable with minimal tracking, and they had plenty of light to find it, so all in all, nothing to get too exercised about.

Last edited:
No car, but I wouldn't call it a perfectly-placed shot either as whilst the entry wound may look to be in the right place in 2D, in 3D, with the deer quartering towards the rifle, the path taken by the bullet striking behind the right shoulder would miss the heart to the right-hand side, clip a lung, then pass through the liver and probably into the rumen. So if they got a clean gralloch out of it I'd be surprised.

OTOH as has been said before, video is deceptive, especially when edited, so the rifle may have been to the left rather than to the right of the camera and the doe presenting more of a broadside shot than it appears.

In any event, the deer was recoverable with minimal tracking, and they had plenty of light to find it, so all in all, nothing to get too exercised about.
X1

How many times do these things have to be done to death.
I see 100's of stalkers a year, many see me gralloch a deer and cannot get over how quick clean and thorough I can do it. Been a bit of a film maker they ask could I do a gralloch and put it up on you tube..... I say no way as it will not please all the people who might see it and as an a.w. I will have to defend myself because all the arses will have to have a say.
So rather then educate a few who might earn something new they loose out because of a camera angle or a dead leaf touching my glove which some anal idiot will have disect in great detail. "at 1.11 a leaf touched glove and 1.31 a blue bottle landed on the deers nose.
"call yourself an aw" yatter, yatter, yatter.

Back