Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one joins me

Another one joins me

Well i have had a slot on my ticket for a 25.06 for a couple of years now, And today i have purchased one A ruger 77 mk11 very pleased with it. And it was nice to meet up with another member off here. thanks Stuart its gone to a good home.

Well now that you have got it, you know who might stop mithering

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Got yourself a mans gun now senior guide perhaps now you will stop mithering me about borrowing mine

AND remember dont forget the moderator in a couple of weeks when you and your brother come down to bother me and Robin

I must admit I find the 25-06 appealing and have done so for a number of years even though it took a while to get one and I don't know why really.

The Ruger always was one to look for but again for some reason I never fell over the right one. Very nearly brought one of their African models from F.A. Anderson's some years back but other things needed the funds so once again it was not to me.

If you hand load and need cases although it's a bit of a ways from you Forrest Lodge at Wragby in Lincolnshire had a lot due to an ordering hick up. It's Remington brass.

Good luck with your new toy .

Andy I thought that you would have bought that M65 that was advertised on this site a little while back. You don't rush into these things do you!

I do hope this doesn't mean I've got to listen to another load of cr;p about the virtues of 25.06

The good old 308 gets the job done, even though it takes a little longer to get there

I am sure you have made a happy man feel very old and now we will be subjected to the Henry 44-40 at the range, after all my hard work for him I may even get to look at it

He is a generous and decent man, but don't tell him I said so! He even let me use his famous double rifle in a club competition, mad man that he is

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Got yourself a mans gun now senior guide perhaps now you will stop mithering me about borrowing mine
    He'll be after your ammo now instead!

One of the most impressive calibres I hav seen todate, I feel you will be more than impressed at it's capabilities over time with use
    I shall be going down the same route very shortly

Good luck with it mate and let us know how you get on with it ,have been looking at that or a 6.5 for a variation.