Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow bar deer carrier

Tow bar deer carrier

Anybody know where I can buy one of the above, and are they any good-my back is getting too old to keep throwing Fallow in the back of the truck !
    Thanks for any help.

Isn't a 'Tow Bar Deer Carrier' called a trailor
    Apart from that weak joke I have no idea.

You used to be able to buy rear bullbars that folded down, I have seem similar carrying things on the Cabellas website, but any good welder could knock one up in a few hours?

I fancy that some form of waterproof base is needed.

Claret dripping on the floor behind your parked 4wd could well attract attention!

Rgds Ian

What about some of the strange Cycle Carriers that fit on the back of cars that may be something to look at.
    Actually I have seen a carrier of sorts that fitted a tow bar, it may have been at a country show. It was like a small platform and was demonstrated carrying a bale of straw - before anybody goes there, I mean one of the 'old type' bales, not one of these bl***y great big round ones!!!

A guy I used to stalk with and myself made a couple of these...The Mk1 version used a plaster mixing bath as the carrier which in turn sat on a steel box section frame.

They work ok and avoid some of the draw backs ofa trailer, but they seriously limit the vehicle off road ability...

If I had a pick-up of some sort, I'd look at fitting a cheap electric ATV winch behind the cab and use some sort of ramp to drag the carcass up..Total cost would probably be cheaper than the carrier and a much better solution...

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Here you so, I have seen this in use, all you need to attach it to your everyday towball is a spanner, the basis unit is rated to 275lbs but it has been tested to 675lbs, obviously your towbar/ball will dictate the down weight limit, but at 275lbs thats nearly a 17 stone stag.

I have a rack like this for my quad got it from Cabelas but I think targetsports of Bolton sell it. I think its called hitch haul Cabelas do them for all sorts of cars, trucks
    I think it could be easily converted to fit a tow bracket.
    thouth I'm looking to make mine fold for when empty.

I don't know for sure ?? But , If these are undeclared modifications to the vehicle.The insurance company might not hold up on the deal if you have an accident . Worth checking out If you have to go on the main road ?????

Suffolk Stalker

Cabela's is your best bet