Lamp for my .22LR.

have a look at clulite lamps (cluson engineering ltd) good allround lamps ive used then for 4years now not one blown fuse or any overheating.
unlike lightforce !!

I have a little Deben Tracer Stinger which is more than enough light for a .22 range at night.
very small torch size, easily gets out to 75-100yds. Internal battery so now cables connecting you to rifle

+1 for the clulite ideal for rabbiting and if you buy the scope mount as well you can swap between the haandle and scope mount (before you leave the house)depending wheher your solo or duet lamping.

i run 2 lf 170s on my truck, and i have no issues with them,

but

+1 on speaking to Eric the red,

cracking bloke with more kit and knowledge on lamps and lamping systems than most,

:)

bob.

ive had all of the lightforce ones and had bad times with them, but a lot of people use them with no probs

im still love clulite because had no probs at all !!

Clulite and if you have the scope mount just mount one of the nozzles,you get with a tube of silicone sealant.
This then fits nicely into the lamps handle so you can scan,with the hand held,then pop it onto the scope nozzle for the shot.

just got a clulite mg150 off of a member on here and it is a tiny, cracking lamp. beam out to 200-250 yards for eyes and 175-200 for id. cant wait to get it on either my 22 or hmr and have a go with it...

i have the lightforce 170 [with a 100w bulb] for my 243 but it think my battery is struggling as it is about 15 years old, have just ordered a new one so will see if that improves things. with the red filter on we can spot eyes out to 300-350 yards and identify out to 200ish.

atb

Cluson lamps are excellent and I've used them for years. Possibly the best available now could be the JetBeam BC40. Throws the perfect LED beam for rabbiting not only having a good spot but also a good spread arouund it.

+1 For Clulite.

I have three different ones and they never miss a beat. Ring sales and ask if they have any ex-demo ones and you could get a nice discount :thumb:.

Get a 300 lumens R2 cree with the flying lead pressure switch (£10.99 on the bay, delivered)
velcro it to your scope or under the mod and attach the flying lead to the side of your stock again with velcro.
2 batteries and a charger are about £5 delivered.

Plenty powerful enough for the distances you're likely to shoot with your rimmy.

Back