Clear Out Threads

Claret_Dabbler

Just looking at the various "clear-out" threads in the classifieds.

Just how much "stuff" is it possible for a man to accumulate? My wife thinks I have too much "stuff", but I am a mere babe-in-arms compared to some of you guys.

How do you get to have 23 knives and 11 rifle straps?

I mean, a man could be forgiven for thinking some of you lot are women buying shoes and hand bags.....:doh:

Last edited:
Claret i was thinking the same when Bob put his lot up ,ive enough bother trying to find space to put the stuff ive got ,if thats what there getting rid off how much are they accually keeping:thumb:

all i am going to say on tis subject is this, my mates have been told that if i ever "pop my clogs" is to tell my missus the real price of the stuff that i have squirrelled away over the years, and that should more than cover the cost of the burrrial and wake more than twice over. (not including the rifles and scopes in the safes)

Receipts get kept in the gun cabinet, and the wife doesn't open the bank statements, thats all i can say about that!

I only buy black synthetic stocked rifles that way the wife only thinks I have one rifle:D

God help you if she finds out how much you have spent when she comes back from her months holiday:D
Like I say keep it black and she has no idea:D But I don't know how to disguise that new gun cabinets when fitted:scared:

any ideas guys:D

Last edited:
One might even be forgiven for thinking that they are trying to fly under the trader radar..........Hmmmm!

I do love a conspiracy theory.

M

Like I say keep it black and she has no idea:D But I don't know how to disguise that new gun cabinets when fitted:scared:

youll have to tell her the truth. that some new legislation has come in that meant your old cab wasnt up to scratch, and the best value replacement you could find just happened to be a bit bigger :thumb:

God only knows how much stuff I have and it's not all shooting related either. I think it runs in the family as Dad still has some of his toys like a set of Stone bricks and a very nice lead and tin wind up Hornby train. Heck we found some bits and bobs when moving stuff about that I have never seen. I dirty old tin cup turned out to be hallmarked silver. Heck he even still has a couple of carbide powered bicycle lamps....... It's in the genes :D.

Garry - SURELY you've been made aware of the new legislation 'after everything that's been going on' that requires the fitment of the new/larger/additional cabinet ?????? Are you not just reluctantly meeting the requirements of the new said legislation?

I'm sure my wife would attest to the benefit such legislation had in consolidating the two rifle safes into the one larger one (as in 3+3=9) - and the installation of the separate ammunition safe - 'for additional security' at the back end of last year..... and apparently the larger safe was the only one with the special locks that the nice FEO man recommended I had......'I had no choice dear....'
For your additional safe, does the new legislation not say something about the maximum amount of kit to be kept in each - 'and it was as cheap to buy the gun safe as an ammo one, so what was I to do dear' ?

as per Badger's note!

Last edited:
My Mrs ( the Boss ) hasnt caught on that every time she goes to Cyprus on hols with her mum a new gun is added to my collection only problem is i have to clean um when shes out and always carry them in a slip when she is around . i think she knows the crack but chooses to ignore in the same way i ignore the new shoes and clothes that keeps appearing in the wordrobes and shoe cupboard .

I've got to laugh at the amount of big girls blouses on here that have to hide or disguise anything they buy .
Get a life .
As long as you not buying it and not thinking about put food on the table or shoes on the families feet or leaving your self in debt.It's your hard earn cash ,buy what you like when you like life is a one way trip , illness comes around all to easly ,money in the bank doesn't bring happiness enjoying what little time we have on the planet ,doing the things you enjoy does bring happiness.I'd never think about hiding anything from my wife and she wouldn't hide anything from me for those that do there's no trust in your marriage .

Back