id the daysack/ packs sporting rifle gave to ukmhuze reserve rangers

floyd

As per the title, does anyone know which bag/hydration/daysack pack sporting rifle donated to the Mkhuze reserve rangers, pictured on page 86 of the March edition of Sporting rifle....

It looks ideal for popping a few small items (gps/rope/torch/spare ammo etc) in without being too bulky.

Grateful for any assistance.

I have all the issues at home so I will take a look for you.
I assume it is March 2011?

Regards

DavieH

hi it just says that they were the camelbak rucksacks with integral re-hydration cells peter carr said about it in the nov 2011 issue in the editors column

Davie, seriously chap it is the 2012 edition...

No sarcasm meant or intended.

Thanks for the offer of help though..

If anyone knows how to get a pic on I will scan it and email to them if they can post it up.

If the above is it have a look at a camelbak ambush - looks very similar to me ( i can only see a small picture tho). I've just bought the Ambush myself - has a badder and a small amount of cargo space - just enough to avoid needing a utilty belt. Cheapest I found was at http://www.levelpeaks.com/store#ecwid:category=663433&mode=product&product=5937931. But there are other alternatives and shops available to purchase from (that should keep admin happy :D)

Scrun

looks a bit like my Viper Recon bag (google image it) - awesome bag for the hill,,,although on a nice day I'd rather go 'commando' IYKWIM

Guys, thanks to one and all, especially scrun, the link to level peaks, led to the Camelbak MULE, which is the bag pictured.

I spoke to Sporting rifle, who advised they didn't buy the bags, but simply donated the money to 'save the rhinos' who bought the bags locally in Africa.

Hmmh!
Don't think it's the mule, I reckon it is the CAMELBACK MOTHERLODE 500cc in Multicam (2011 model)

see this revue: ARRSE - Review: Camelbak Motherlode 500 Multicam by daywalker

gmipacksmotherlodemulticam2011300.ashx.jpg

Nice article - but pricey!

Alasdair.

I do believe you're right!
I was looking at the non-military Mules which are nothing like the military version!
S11_Mule_MultiCam.ashx

Back