What's the heaviest doe of the season so far?

dan85

Has anyone shot any monsters? I took a 44lb doe (head and feet off) on thursday morning. Thats definitely the heaviest beast I've taken this doe season.

Regards, Dan.

I have taken 2 good roe does,1st one in nov was 48lbs and the second 45lbs in dec ,both from the same area.

I have had 4 at over 48 lb but none so for over 50 had two at that weight last year. MV It ainr funny we need to move the full carcase from our area must be close on 65 llb. Try carrying that through the houses at drumchaple :eek:with out being noticed.

Heaviest I have had this year so far is 44lbs. It was a doe with two off spring which also went into the larder. Luckily the farmer came out with the tractor and bucket and brought them in for me.

I have had 4 at over 48 lb but none so for over 50 had two at that weight last year. MV It ainr funny we need to move the full carcase from our area must be close on 65 llb. Try carrying that through the houses at drumchaple :eek:with out being noticed.

Thats when your previous skills come to the fore :D

:offtopic: HA HA You might be right not all of us were boran with the silver spoon James or the money to bye a chunk of the scotish highlands.

I shot my second ever roe buck last week, larder weight 51lb when it went in.
After hanging for a week it was 50lb give or take.
What kind of live weight roughly would that equate too ?
I know it was bloody heavy when I tried to get it back to the chiller.

Back