last days on the hinds

Well done mate looks like you really did fill your boots that will keep the freezer full or pay for next years stalking. I have to make do with a few roe.

yes davie had a great day,6 in total and could have been more,seen loads of stags including a 12 pointer watching me unlock the forest gate less than a 100 yds away but im still looking for my first medal head(roe)

Well done mate,

That land is worth the travel if you can get the beasts and extract them without needing others.

Well done mate,

That land is worth the travel if you can get the beasts and extract them without needing others.

Yes you are right the ground is fantastic even although it is a 300 mile round trip,like i have said before it was with the help of this forum and paul smith that i managed to get into this syndicate so i owe a debt of gratitude to all involved.Stalking on your own is good untill you connect with some reds then the hard work begins but hey i dragged 6 out all by myself to the road where i got a helping hand from another member and his argo(great machines).Can't wait till the stags start again.

Well done mate looks like you really did fill your boots that will keep the freezer full or pay for next years stalking. I have to make do with a few roe.
Lovely pictures was it one day looks like it.Not sure about them paying for a years shooting ,Unless you only want to shoot a few roe. enjoy

wood ford that would pay for my wee shoot 10 x over mate and six beasts will fetch a fair price about 800 that will easy cover an FC lease.Sakoson is on an FC lease. Looks like his wee bit of heaven is productive .

Last edited:
A good day out for you. I had a day yesterday, magnificent weather, great stalk into a nice group of hinds and calves, pulled the trigger and the bloody bipod pulled out of the wood!!!! Slightly disconcerting. Fortunately the man with me popped three of them so we came down the hill with something.
I raced off to the World's Greatest Gunsmith and he got started on it immediately.
The scope on my 22.250 is also playing up so I'm having fun times with rifles.
Great!!!!!

yes peter,you have had a good few days yourself so you know what its like,would love one of them go anywhere quads with the tracks on

Love the photo on the hill even the dog is looking in the right direction...looks like it was a steep climb though!

Nice landscape Sakoson. Where abouts were you, looks like the west coast to me?

Paul
South of inverness,the ground has stunning scenery and is very steep in places but makes for an easy drag down to the road.I am very pleased how the photos turned out considering they were taken with my phone.

Back