Fox pro or calibri

Steyer 6.5

I'm thinking of getting an electronic caller and I've narrowed it down to fox pro or a calibri. Id like some views please.

Never used a Calibri, Fox Pro is an amazing bit of kit IMHO.
It wont work on every fox, nor will it call them from out of thin air but I have lost count of the number that it has worked on.
The best thing is that you can use it remotely, so calling them away from you.
One lamp shy fox would just sit the other end of the field watching, I put the call about 70yds from where I sat and charlie came flying up the field.
The fox was actually there the whole time, it was the same call used but just it came from a different place.
No doubt Stevienicknacks will be along soon :D to help.

ATB

Nick

Last edited:
I can only comment on the mini colibri, handy little caller, some good sounds on the dedicated fox chip, it's the last thing a fair few foxes have heard round here!!

I have used both and have to say the handy colibri wins for me,The fox pro has far too many sounds and at times can become a hindrance,when choosing which one to use.
the good thing about the fox pro is its distance,that it can be remotely used at ,anything upto 200 +.yards.goes through a fair few battery s 8 AA at a time and doesn't seem to last that long.

But for size and reliability,the little,colibri gets my vote,fits in your pocket has a good range of reliable calls and takes only 1 9v battery and it lasts a long time.

I have a foxpro scorpion great bit of kit and ideal for when in a static location or baiting fox into a safe area and plenty of various sounds depending on which model you go for..think i have around 180 all that are good for fox and other predators, i also have 2 mini colibris one the old version and one new again both superb callers but only have 10 calls on each.
Calibris i use when im walking around and unable to use the foxpro or if i leave the foxpro calling in one location and i stalk a fox thats sat way off..when i get in a suitable dist i then switch on the colibri to then attract the fox my way which has worked many times.

Both good but the foxpro has the edge of more calls and is remote but are quite big.

Mick

Back