today is the big day

bobjs

I'm off to southampton toady (this morning) to fight for a job, im in the last 2 for a cracking position with SSE,

the chap im up against is a 15 year SSE vet hoping to get the job and move back to his local area so i will have to pull out all the stops,

the final interview will consist of a short interview followed by me giving a 15 minute presentation on a subject they have given me,

not done this for a wee while, so here's hoping.

anyone got a fag ;)

bob.

I'm off to southampton toady (this morning) to fight for a job, im in the last 2 for a cracking position with SSE,

the chap im up against is a 15 year SSE vet hoping to get the job and move back to his local area so i will have to pull out all the stops,

the final interview will consist of a short interview followed by me giving a 15 minute presentation on a subject they have given me,

not done this for a wee while, so here's hoping.

anyone got a fag ;)

bob.
go knock em dead bob good luck

Go Get It!

Best of luck,
Its always a trial but knock em out!

Let us all know how you get on

Good luck Bob

When I saw the title of the Thread I thought it was the day of your big op.

I guess that you have already had your Spinal op and it has been a quick recovery.

Good luck Bob When I saw the title of the Thread I thought it was the day of your big op.
I guess that you have already had your Spinal op and it has been a quick recovery.
So did I, is it better now?
How will that go down when you tell them you are waiting to go in hospital at any time or that you are on morphine, triptalene or any of the other stuff you have to take.
I hope it is a compassionate company you are trying for.
Lay it on about being ex-service and perhaps they'll treat you as a 'Hero' like we all are these days :D
Good luck.

So did I, is it better now?
How will that go down when you tell them you are waiting to go in hospital at any time or that you are on morphine, triptalene or any of the other stuff you have to take.
I hope it is a compassionate company you are trying for.
Lay it on about being ex-service and perhaps they'll treat you as a 'Hero' like we all are these days :D
Good luck.

HI ed,

and the other members that have wished me well.

i was told that my presentation was 97% out of the 100 and then the hard ball started with scenarios customer complaints, how to use a pda type unit and of course the one that we all have is the employee who just will not play ball etc.

i think it all went very well, the deal is with the op as long as i can be driven about then there is no issues, so from that point ed they are fine, as for the medication etc, im not using any heavy equipment etc i would be managing a team of 30 people with a team leader for each team of ten with to assistants to help coordinate the returning data and formulating the work needed to get things sorted etc,

thanks to all i gave it a good go and i felt fine all the way through, so i have the 2 week period to see who gets it me or the SSE employee who is trying to get a position nearer home.

bob.

Well done, it sounds promising, I hope you get the result you are hoping for.
Is it local or is travelling involved ? that could be a downer unless the hours don't require any 'sparrow fart' starts !!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
By the way, I know where you live now, my daughter -in-law used to live in the old houses up your road.
Is SSE the Scottish and Southern Energy Co or am I totally off the track ?

Well Bob don't be to down over the other bloke SSE don't have any loyalties in that way. Unless they can save a £1 by not having to relocate the other bloke they are a bit tight lol hope you get the news your after I used to work for um on the generation side they are pretty good just a shame they stopped the final salary pension.

hi ed/Leon

ed your spot on mate sse is who you think it is, and i will be based near theal in Berkshire looking after 641 sites from west London to the Severn bridge mostly north of the m4 but with some just south of it, 30 to 35 staff with 21 vehicles and various plant on call as needed,

Leon.
i know what you mean about the pension, i got this opportunity as i was a generator switch gear and AMF panel engineer and site survey engineer at my last place,

so lets hope i have done what they have asked for and i have a 2 week wait,

i am also waiting for the Salisbury hospital email about my op, seems i have fell through the net, after my pre op examination it all went wrong, some r's's have been chewed and 25 weeks later still nothing

bob.

Back