Swivels

Brough

Evening folks ,I was just wondering if anyone has any views .
My new rifle has stainless steel swivels ,quick release ,not sure of make ,but seem to be of a good quality.However they do seem to rattle a bit , In a woodland stalking situation to silently take rifle off of the shoulder to take aim silently would be diffcult there does seem to be a bit of play from the pin in the eye that fixes into the rifle both in the stock and the forend . I find woodland stalking tough enough with out sounding like a one man band. :rolleyes: Thanks Brough

I've used some one piece moulded swivels for some time called I think 'hush stalker'. Theyre injection moulded something or other and they are silent. I'd reccomend them anyway.

Z

The only problem with Hush Power swivels is that they don't - swivel, that is! As a fixed moulded one piece the sling doesn't rotate and can end up getting twisted across your back - my experience, anyway.

Of course "when I were a lad" we weren't allowed to have slings on rifles because you might be tempted to carry it over your shoulder and "if it's on your f*****g shoulder it ain't in your f*****g 'ands and if you ain't holding your bundhook how can you shoot the f*****g enemy!" - as it was eloquently explained to me at the time. :)

I'd use the insulation tape.

In the past I've also used a shotgun patch soaked (well, impregnated might be a better term) in oil, tied around the swivel. This seems to do the trick.

willie_gunn

Try wrapping the swivel with an elastic band. You can wrap it tight enough to stop them rattling but loose enough to allow the swivel movement.

How about using a small length of bicycle innertube as an alternative to insulating tape?

Bandit Country said:
Of course "when I were a lad" we weren't allowed to have slings on rifles because you might be tempted to carry it over your shoulder and "if it's on your f*****g shoulder it ain't in your f*****g 'ands and if you ain't holding your bundhook how can you shoot the f*****g enemy!" - as it was eloquently explained to me at the time. :)

LOL! A bit like using the carrying handle on the SLR..."Its not a f*****g suitcase, and your not taking it on f*****g holiday!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brough, good quality swivels should not squeak & rattle, bin them and get some better stuff.

Back