sworovski z6i 2.5-15x56

arrowloopboy

Anybody got one of these scopes yet,and what do you think of it.I need a new scope and not sure weather to go for a sworovski or a s&b,any opinions? cheers alb

take a look at basil's new set-up (general discussion) and you'll buy one on looks alone....and a styer to match!

Opinions well where to start . You've tried the rest now try the best .

Well worth the cash, setting it up is easy the illuminated dot is just the bollocks put the dot on the target and squeeze like basil Ive got it on a .243 I haven't failed on a target since buying it with dot when its on its down .
the proofs in the eating .

IMG_1485.jpg

Nice picture widows son, but I am interested as to how you have a Buck and a Doe both in season at the same time??!! :confused:
Maybe you should have just posted the piccy of the rifle! :rolleyes:

Monkey S : Like many on here I don't stalk for fun, I stalk because there is requirement to remove deer to protect trees ,which are someones property.

That then requires a out of season ticket to carry out the job to satisfy the owners requirements.

Keeping all within the bound of the law .

Simple equasion its brown its down , On saturday I watched a buck give a tree a right seeing to ,I was eating him last night the pie was fantastic

Well Pointed out Monkey Spanker,

Just goes to show how Deer wefare is second to money for some people.

Roe buck is in hard antler and she looks a mature doe so there is some poor roe kid running around with no mum.

Is there and wonder field sports and deer stalking gets a bad press.

Trees are worth next to nothing anyway and if planted well with deer in mind there should not be an issue.

I'll have to stick up for widows son on this one, I know it's a bit off subject.

Trees are worth something, although timber prices are low right now they like any comodity vary in price.
The young tree a buck may be damaging right now is worth £5 however it may be worth £100's in 40 yrs. At 2500 trees a hectare and up to 80% damage in some areas , trees are worth something , you also have to the ecological and aesthetical value of trees which is priceless.

Deer welfare should always be at the forefront of all deer management but it is nessessary to kill deer out of season, therfore it is vital people who carry out this work are well trained and are following best practise.

I'm afraid that in many commercial forests roe deer are really only another cash crop, this may sound harsh but "the bottom line , is the bottom line".
With large commercial forests the only way to reduce and damage is to carry out some out of season shooting/night shooting.

Rubeus perhaps you could explain why deer welfare is compromised by shooting deer out of season (under licence).

From my experience a well placed chest shot killed either a male or a female deer in the same humane manner 365 days a year???

Ben, a well placed shot will kill any animal at any time of year agreed. However, a licence to shoot out of season will not provide the mothers milk to a fawn which is laying dead next to it!! Why do you think we have seasons in the first place?? :confused: It is not the welfare of the dead animal which is the issue here. However, widows son has justified his actions here and on another post in the 'General discussion which you might care to read.

There is no excuse for leaving dependant fawns ever...However, clearly by the fact that both the Roe deer are in winter coats it is the buck that has been shot with an extended licence. No dependants there!

Cheers

Ben

I'm not wanting to take over this thread, and it has been covered on another thread .
But, not everwhere is the same, I know the Cowdray Estate and it is nothing like the large commercial forrests in Scotland / North of England.

Before attacking widows son, did anyone ask if there was a kid with the doe?

Gentlemen Ive moved this to general discussion under chastisement .
My apologies to the postie who started this post it was never my intention for this to happen its now moved .

Very nice scope mate, I have the 2-12 x 50 and am very happy with it.

The only slight problem is that its easy to knock the illumination swith on by accident (its very light), however thats not a huge pain as it has an auto switch off feature after fifteen minutes.

I would recommened you take a look through one if you can.

arrowloopboy said:
Anyways ,as i was asking,what dose anyone think of the z6i

Mine arrived in the post today and the box is very nice. I'll let you know after I have got it mounted etc. It was certainly wrapped up well! :)

Bandit Country said:
arrowloopboy said:
Anyways ,as i was asking,what dose anyone think of the z6i

Mine arrived in the post today and the box is very nice. I'll let you know after I have got it mounted etc. It was certainly wrapped up well! :)

This beating game must pay b****y well ;)

Jonathon

Back