How much for a thread protector?

Jonher

Just got my rifle back from the gunsmiths and the thread protector is just a crappy plastic one which isn't even the same profile of the barrel so cant screw on my sauer iron site when not using my mod :confused:

Can anyone here make me flush fitting matt black thread protector and how much would it cost?

If i'm missing any measurements please let me know and i'll do my best to get them up on here ASAP.

Dont know if this is relevant but the rifle is a 30-06 Sauer 202 Classic XT with a 56cm fluted barrel.

Here's what I can do regarding measurements, remember - drawing never was my strong point! :lol:

the 16.60mm is taken on the barrel directly after the screw cut.

Thanks chaps.

9446d61d.jpg

Attachments

• 9446d61d.jpg
    9446d61d.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
jackson rifles sell thread protectors under £10
Richard Pope (Swift precision) can make a invisable protector

Invis thread protector will be about 50 quid, but they will also want to see the rifle for exact measurements.

Generic metal ones are about 12 quid.

If you want something made up you could try Craig at Third Eye, he made a muzzle brake for me from measurements that I supplied and it fitted fine. I think that was about £60 so I can't see a thread protector being any more. Glyn.

If you want something made up you could try Craig at Third Eye, he made a muzzle brake for me from measurements that I supplied and it fitted fine. I think that was about £60 so I can't see a thread protector being any more. Glyn.

Cheers Glyn, i'll send them an email.

Back