Unusually dressed

David T

Went out yesterday for a rake about and although there were deer around I just couldn't get in on them. Then spent the rest of the night thinking about it and possible solutions.

It was a beautiful here today and I just new the wee buggers would be out so I raced around in order to give myself a bit of time this afternoon. Got home, changed, loaded up the car and was on the ground by 4pm. Good. Over the gate into the first field and bugger me there were four of them on the other side of the gully. Nice and easy does it and the first one was down. Waited for the rest to move off over the hill and then followed them. Slowley over the top, careful not to get skylined and bugger me again ! they had stopped and were feeding quite happily. Once again, nice and easy and the second one collapsed where she stood. What a way to wind up the afternoon !

Got home, hung the deer up, went into the kitchen took of my jacket and evryone was laughing at me.......... again. Why ? In my haste to get onto the ground I had changed...........my trousers only. Under my jacket I was still suited and booted, tie, cufflinks, fancy pen etc ! What a plonker. Do you think the deer wondered who the plonker in the shirt and tie following them was ? :D

Whats that ZZ top song "Every girls crazy about a sharp dressed man"

Under my jacket I was still suited and booted, tie, cufflinks, fancy pen etc ! What a plonker. Do you think the deer wondered who the plonker in the shirt and tie following them was ? :D

That a very underhand method of stalking? They were expecting that guy with the clipboard - not someone with a rifle! ;)

Reminds me of the time i was driving back from an appointment, suit, tie, shiney shoes and i took a diversion to take a look at the river which was dropping back after rain, i saw my friend and fellow guide (appropriately named Roddy Rae!) back at his car placing a salmon in his boot, he thrust his fishing rod in my hand followed by wellies, so off i went, 15 minutes later i was back at my car with a great looking grilse, thankfully nobody was around to see the attire i was in.
Cheers
Richard

I have walked to within 20 meters of deer when I have had jeans and a Tshirt on, but cammo at 500 metres and they are off.

Clever things these deer. :)

Back