firearms question

mathew

hi,

i recently was layed of due to estate being sold, i now have no where to use my firearms, whats gona happen to them ? I am hopefully going to college in august to do gamekeeping so i need my guns, but what shud i do in the meantime ????

hi,

i recently was layed of due to estate being sold, i now have no where to use my firearms, whats gona happen to them ? I am hopefully going to college in august to do gamekeeping so i need my guns, but what shud i do in the meantime ????
yeah if you still live in the same house hold with the weapons secure you will be fine,if you get any hassle at all then of to an rfd,£2 a weapon per week,they will be fine,if you know the person you might get it for free,hope thing improve,cheers.

You would be wise to sit tight and say nothing. There is no requirement in law to declare your current situation. If you declare, your firearms licensing unit may decide that you no longer have a good reason to possess the firearms and ammunition and if unsympathetic, could revoke or partially revoke.
Hopefully your situation is only temporary and will change for the better. A student on a gamekeeping course may well have a good reason for the firearms, in order to participate in and complete the course. Best to keep your powder dry and say nothing until such time as renewal approaches. You will be doing nothing wrong.

A Local FLA informed me that there was no LEGAL requirement or need, or good reason to posses or aquire shotguns or firearms as part of any recognised Gamekeeping course, they say that the college should have all of that in hand and not leave it to the individual!

All good, however i think it should be a requirement of applicants on such courses to be in posession of a current SGC and FAC, if only to demonstrate some prior knowledge and some form of commitment to the industry, (it may keep the NEDS off good keeping courses who just want to "GET AT THE GUNS", but realisticaly will end up as prohibtited persons under the firearms act within a few years)

Hope your situation improves mathew, knock on some doors and find somewhere to use your firearms.
skipp

Back