Zeiss Duralyt riflescopes and Butler Creek flip-up scope covers/Accu Covers

western woodsman

I write as the objective lens end of my Zeiss Duralyt scope 2-8 works okay with the usual Butler Creek flip-up scope cover, but the eye piece end in the same Butler Creek is an issue as it fits on the Zeiss rubber outer ring, but tends to pull off the rubber ring slowly or else does not quite grip as it is rubber and not a hard scope end. Anyway, it is so annoying on the Duralyt I hardly like to use it anyway. I was wondering if anyone out there has used these new Accu Cover eyepiece flip-up covers and if they are an improvement/worth trying?

I agree with all those out there who think this is an issue the scope manufacturers ought to sort out.

I bought two Accu covers as I was getting tired of the butlers snapping at the hinge.

I use one on my Meopta, which also has a rubber ring around the optic bell, and although the Accu cover is hard to push on, once it's on it does not come off.
I have removed it once or twice for cleaning, but as it folds right back I keep it on most of the time.

They are worth the extra money. I have been using mine for about six months and it has never snapped or got in the way.

And when i spoke to them at the Newark SHow they said they were tooling up to make objective lense covers. Not cheap, but i think some will be going on my scopes

And when i spoke to them at the Newark SHow they said they were tooling up to make objective lense covers. Not cheap, but i think some will be going on my scopes

+1.

They may cost a little more but they are well worth it.

When I was just using BC's I went to a local RFD to find a cover for a 56mm objective.
We tried every suitable cover they had and only one of them didn't pop open on it's own. In his words "they aren't what they used to be." :rofl:

Back