Jahti Jakt - opinions, anyone?

Stayangry

Hello everyone,

My first posting on this website, so here goes.

I have seen several ads in the shooting press for Jahti-Jakt clothing: complete, hi-tech, all weather sets for the price of a single jacket from some of the posh brands.

Does anyone have any experience of this brand, please? Is it worth it, or just too good to be true?

James

yup

got one and love it, the jacket is a bit dark for softwoods really but good otherwise.

when the parcel comes its like Xmas oening the bags. :lol:

All good , I've had my suit for 10 months now and have worn it in all weathers and it stands up to all of it. However being a breathable wterproof material I have washed it in the nik wax stuff to make sure I don't ruin it and it works.

Getting another set for chrimbo this year!

Gerry

I have one and like it. I know of a man who tested it far beyond anything you are, hopefully, likely to experience in the field. He has access to a bus garage/depot where they have a car wash for buses, if you see what I mean. He donned his suit entered the car wash, got thoroughly soaked and emerged from it as dry as a bone. All apart from his feet, the trainers he was wearing did not pass the test.

John

Finnish friends

Well I can tell you that all my friends from Finland use this stuff, and having just had 5 of them stalking with me for a week in the highlands all wearing this stuff, I can tell you its good.

A bit expensive I know, but it is well designed and hard wearing. However I have yet to see it tested in really bad highland weather. You know the rain that comes down all day like stair rods. Other than that as I say, good stuff.

Well thats not my experience of it, nor is it that of the 6-7 other stalkers i have contact with that heave purchased it package deal.

The jacket is ok but will eventually start to leak if exposed to heavy rain for an extended period. It also takes at least 36 hours to dry if it gets saturated.

The trousers are the best bit but are prone to snagging and suffer badly if you have brambles and thorns. Mine just about lasted out the 12months before giving up the ghost and have been relegated to summer roe and rabbit stalking.

For £155 you cant ask a lot from the outer shell performance as far as durability and weather protection. The Haiken(sp) products are by far better quality products if its the Scandinavian type of clothing you are looking for. But then they sell the trousers alone at more than half of what you are paying for the Jahti Jakt offer.

Rabbit,

in fairness the more expensive brands don't last any longer if subjected to the same rigors.
Also if they are washed in normal detergent/ washing powder, you will ruin the garments breathability and waterproofing.
Just my opinion but I think you tend to be a little bit more wary when wearing £160.00 pair of trousers in the brambles than if weraing cheaper gear?

Dunno , Cheers , Gerry

Blaser3006 said:
Rabbit,

in fairness the more expensive brands don't last any longer if subjected to the same rigors.
Also if they are washed in normal detergent/ washing powder, you will ruin the garments breathability and waterproofing.
Just my opinion but I think you tend to be a little bit more wary when wearing £160.00 pair of trousers in the brambles than if weraing cheaper gear?

Dunno , Cheers , Gerry

I have to disagree with your first statement. I have always found it to be the opposite. The quality items have always lasted the course far better and for far longer.

My gear is always hand washed with a small amount of pure soap flakes, and the thoroughly rinsed as often as needed in clean water. That way you don't compromise the outer shell fibres integrity nor the drop liners breath ability.

Brambles are no respector of any material irrespective of how carefull you are. Its just that the better quality materials withstand the abuse far better.IMHO

I have found the suit excellent with all the extras.. I dont think there is a better suit for the money anywhere.

Quality is good and mine does leak now but thats due to falling down holes and burning bits of it after days on the hills in Scotland.
My reasonong is that in a season or two I can fully destroy a suit and all the other bits and just buy a new one.
I would be a bit ****ed off if I ripped a hole in a £250 pair of Harikala gortex trousers.
The more workman like the work the more knocks the kit is going to take.

Mark

MarkH said:
I have found the suit excellent with all the extras.. I dont think there is a better suit for the money anywhere.

Quality is good and mine does leak now but thats due to falling down holes and burning bits of it after days on the hills in Scotland.
My reasonong is that in a season or two I can fully destroy a suit and all the other bits and just buy a new one.
I would be a bit ****ed off if I ripped a hole in a £250 pair of Harikala gortex trousers.
The more workman like the work the more knocks the kit is going to take.

Mark

Does any one know what the cost is for just the jacket and trousers? The rest of the stuff in the offer is superfluous to requirements in many cases. I have more thermal underwear and fleeces than I know what to do with as it is. :p Once you know what the true cost of the outer garments are only then can you determine whether they are value for money. My last two pairs of gortex lined work trousers are army surplus kit and were brought off ebay. Cost about £28-00 each. Can't fault them and they have that cross weaved cammo fabric that ensures they dont snag and rip on thorns or brambles.

Not what you would wear for a shopping trip to Morrisons though. ;)

Had a set for about a year, wear it when stalking which frankly is not that often.

I took a prone shot laying in water and emerged dry, the trousers do not stand up to barbed wire, I tore mine on the knee.

Overall good value for money I think.

A

All good , I've had my suit for 10 months now and have worn it in all weathers and it stands up to all of it. However being a breathable wterproof material I have washed it in the nik wax stuff to make sure I don't ruin it and it works.

Getting another set for chrimbo this year!Gerry

TRY PUTTING UP AN INTRO FIRST. And if you want to advertise pay the going rate, or your membership might be short lived ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it four years ago as my first stalking kit. Love it. Bit dark for the hill, but great in plantations.

Great buy for the money.

Looking into getting a suit - will there be a deal for stalking directory members ???

Wouldn't waste your money, trousers are terrible quality, if the barbed wire doesn't get them they just fall apart anyway!

For an extra £50 a pair of prohunter trousers will keep you going 10x as long.

Bought a set about three years ago, apart from having to send back the jacket twice due to seams on a pocket coming undone (no quibble by the way) the suit is pretty good, I use it staking and rough shooting. For the money I think is not bad.

I bought the mk1 set about 9 years ago when they first came out. I have just thrown the trousers in the bin this week as i ripped the pocket off the leg. The jacket is still in one piece but i must admit it gave up being waterproof a few years back. The fleece i got with it is still going strong. I used my suit for everything from hill stalking to driven days and it never let me down. I have other manufacturers shooting clothes which are as good but for value for money they are the best i have had.

im with ian67 i got one of the first packaged suits a dogs age ago
been stalking rough shooting fishing and beating in mine and its still ok
pants are looking a bit shabby and the two fleeces i got in the pack have long since been claimed by wife son etc but apart from that its been ace, bought a pair of seat covers when i got my new truck and theyve been good an all

Hi I've had mine for around 4 years,trousers crouch seems just starting to part, used for stalking,picking up,beating,also great for lying out at a fox den,use the clothing layers and your nice and cosy.Would buy another tomorrow if needed.
cheers
Jim

Back