highseats/towers

Double seat made last year

Stuff308.jpg

Being tested by my boys

Stuff382.jpg

Double four , thats a good looking mix , will it stand a bit of shade ?

Dont know as mine are in the open, i was considering spinkling a bit around some areas in woodland to try this myself .
Best bloke to ask is Richard Barnes at kings 01406421589
One thing i would say is plant as big an area as you can if there are quite a few deer in the vicinity.
I have found at certain times of the year they go mad for it and an acre can be eaten out very quickly, other periods although it looks lush they dont seem to go near it at all

Weed control was problem with thistle as i was told not to use any sprays , got over this by topping a couple of times which in turn thickened it up a lot. Hope this helps. DF

Finnished this last night. It's now had a coat of B&Q green fence jollop to make it less conspicuous.High Seat.jpg

DF , ever tried broadcasting some chickory on it in late summer for added interest or maybe stubble turnips

The mix has a fair amount of chickory in it but it goes pretty rapidly, a couple of seasons ago i put in a late catchcrop which included stubble turnips.
Turned out to be a disaster for the birds as the larger species of deer went mad for it totally decimated the crop, so i agree it works !
Unfortunatley this is a problem for me as far as game cover goes with any food value it just gets destroyed , to such an extent im not bothering this year .
Instead im just putting a rough grass mix with added canary grass and upping the deer cull. DF

Tahr

Your having a laugh with the caravan? If your not how the feck did you get it up there?

Yeh I am having a laugh, I got it off a US site years ago, although I do have a old caravan that I keep thinging about turning into a Deluxe doe box.

ATB

Tahr

Wayne makes a good high seat (as shown earlier), he has some wooden high seats that are partly enclosed, not only do they hide you well but they keep the wind off a treat.

He makes a really good high seat!

Simon

Back