Hello Everyone

trapdoortrapper

Hello,
I'm an American and I am very interested in the hunting traditions of the UK. I live in the state of Utah but I am from the midwest. I just wanted to join the forum to share and interact with hunters from your side of the pond. I've hunted whitetail in the midwest a fair bit, which I hear may be similar to how one would hunt Fallow deer. I have also hunted mule deer out west which I would imagine would be more in the vein of red deer hunting. I have used a variety of cartridges in hunting, and have handloaded some. My newest rifle is a .35 whelen based on an '03 action, but most of my experience has been with the .45-70 govt, .300 win mag, and .270 winchester.
I hope to be able to contribute some to the threads, but I admit I will probably be more of a spectator with the odd comment.

My wife and I will be honeymooning in London and Edinburgh this fall, but hunting will not be on the agenda. Hopefully I will at least convince her to visit the Holland & Holland gun room with me.

Thanks for having me

Welcome to the site John.

if you want a few suggestions on places to visit or restaurants to eat in when on your Edinburgh trip, let me know...

Brian

Hi and welcome to the site. If your visit to UK will take in NW England or N Wales let me know. Enjoy.

Thanks Everyone.

We will be in London for the most part I believe, with a daytrip to Edinburgh. My wife has planned much of the trip as I have working quite a bit, but we will be in country for 2 weeks and any suggestions for sights or places to eat would be great.

Back