Electric meat mincer / sausage stuffer

Daemo

Hi guys

I guess a few of you use electric meat mincers and as I normally have pheasants and bunnies a plenty I decided to get one this Christmas.

The one bought for me was a Breville / Anthony Warral Thompson machine - price £80 - £90.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-MG...7?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1232632801&sr=1-7

This machine needs avoiding like the plague! - it really does not work, after struggling with shoulder of pork, then trying very lean beef - we decided to try just putting supermarket mince through - and couldn't even manage that!

The problem I would say is the lack of power of the motor - 550w.

We've now taken the machine back and bought a Cuisineart model, with a 3500w motor, only £10 more.

I'll review this when it arrives in a day or so but I am very hopeful that it'll work fine.

Daemon

:D

i have a stainless pro off bush wear ,i would recommend them.
you will put a sika hind through it in 5 minutes .

Daemo,

Before you use your new mincer, you might want to remove the "grinding unit" (as if you to wash it) and check the drive shafts and gears on both on the main body, and where it connects to on the grinder part..

On many units one or both of these are plastic and this is what usually goes after some use...They are made of plastic as it helps to keep the noise down.

I searched high and low looking for a reasonably priced unit that still had metal gears and drive shaft and was reasonably powerful.

In the end, I found this unit it at Northern Tools:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_36989_36989

Take a look at the user reviews, and you will see the vast majority of people are extremely happy with it.

The same unit is available from Northern Tools UK for about £90 but obviously meant for 240V...

The first one I bought had a dodgy on/off switch straight from the box, but Northern Tools couried out a new one with a couple of days. The second one has been great, although it is a bit noisy....

Regards,

Peter

You could always look out for second hand butchers mincer for similar money. I managed to get one last year as the butcher was upgrading. Mine has 1.5hp and is a savage beast of a thing!

You could look on evilbay but make sure you view first as the worms etc may be worn. Screens and knives aren't usually a problem as they're (normally) one of three standard sizes.

Good luck

Gareth

Combined mincer stuffer's

Those combined Mincer/Stuffers are really bad and don't do what they say. The small domestic micers can do small amounts but get hot and blunt if you do too much. If you are doing serious amounts it is worth getting a decent machine as they are so fast and efficient. I use a Buffalo from Nisbetts:
http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?SiteType=cat&productCode=K335
It can mince up to 230kg/hour! You will wonder what ever you were playing at once you get a decent one as you will save hours and your product will be better and cooler. I also used to use one of those banana shaped stuffers with a lever - bad idea!
I now use a 'Reber' 8kg stuffer which I got off Ebay for £80!
It only takes me a couple of hours now to knock out about 100lbs of bangers!
Buy cheap- Buy twice!! ;)

Cuisineart mincer and sausage maker

Good afternoon

Well today was the first try of the replacement mincing machine, gone is the terrible Anthony Worral Thompson Breville.

The Cuisineart machine is great, does exactly what you want, has loads of power and easily minces pork shoulder ready for putting in skins.

The parts are well made, quite solid looking and clean easily.

It has two speeds, one for mincing and one for stuffing sausages.

It also has an 8 year guarantee, for some peace of mind.

I bought the skins from Weschenfelder and sons (www.weschenfelder.co.uk) and they work a treat too.

So in 15 minutes I turned some pork shoulder in to a dozen Chorizo sausages that are air drying in the pantry - what else can I say!

So far, i'd recommend it - the only down side is some of the gearing is plastic - which previous posts have warned against - but with the guarantee im happy.

Daemon

:D

Avoid this one as well Andrew James Premium Electric Meat Mincer Grinder and Sausage Maker, With Vegetable And Cheese Grater Attachment. Powerful 1800 Watt Copper Motor: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen Home, the bearings disintegrated halfway through the 4th Fallow carcase, and we only mince around a 1/3rd of each beast. A friend in the wholesale meat trade told me that I would be better off buying a used butchers mincer.

atb Tim

Agree 100% with this. Although you did better than me, mine burned out about half way thru the first lot of fallow burgers (5kgs into a 10kg batch) which caused a certain amount of consternation!!

As said mincer for mincing
Stuffer for sausages ... Far easier

I have youngs mincer fae bushwear & exact same model but completely stainless

The stuffer is the economy sausage stuffer from bushwear again
( I have no tie in with them)

Back