browning x bolt trigger pull"

Xboltdave

Anyone own an xbolt and have issues with the trigger pressure, they say it has a new feather trigger system, I would say feathery is the last thing it is. Is there anyway of doing a diy adjustment, or can a new trigger be fitted with more adjustment on it, cheers dave.

Anyone own an xbolt and have issues with the trigger pressure, they say it has a new feather trigger system, I would say feathery is the last thing it is. Is there anyway of doing a diy adjustment, or can a new trigger be fitted with more adjustment on it, cheers dave.

Mine was a bit heavy for my tastes, so I fixed it, very easy if you know how :p

Oh go on then, I'll show you. Important, note the pins only come out from one side, read very carefully.
Don't bother asking him, he will not ship a spring over to us, mine needed 1.5 coils (turn) removed, ended up at 1lb 12oz with the adjuster backed off.
If you tighten the adjuster up it still went up to 3lb, but please only cut half a coil at a time, and check it is still safe.
Good luck.

Neil. :)

Yep i had the same issue, if you dont wish to replace the spring as above you can drop out the trigger assembly and if its a new gun you will notice a small screw with a red plastic type covering, scratch this away and you can then adjust the pull.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks for the advice, i forgot to say i had my local gunsmith try to adjust it in the past and he said it would need a whole new trigger system, maybe he would not want to put his name to cut and shut jobs, but if it do,es the job good enough for me.

Back