Scope magnification you last squeezed the trigger with?

What magnification did you last shoot with?

• Total voters

Oh6

A simple question, if you use a variable magnification scope for stalking, what magnification did you have set last time you shot a deer.

I have a 3-12x but seem to find that when stalking I shoot more with 3x than any other magnification.

Not on deer but 2 charlies I shot tonight.
Both on 32x with the nightforce/envis/laser nightvision setup on my.243.
A 250yd dog and a 170yd vixen. Both head shot. Well pleased.:fox::fox:

Last deer was off-hand 80-90yds, 6 mag, the two before that were 261m and at 24 mag. Same rifle.
I often adjust the way I hunt depending on what rifle I take along.
Had a lever action 30-30 with iron sights in my hands the other day, might get it as
it will be usefull for our rainy weather.
edi

I happen to like fixed scopes of around 6x but do have a couple of 7x scopes although one has never been fitted to a rifle since I have owned it. The Variables are all set on 6x and that's where they stay. I do have some older 3x and 4x scopes as well and was getting used to shooting with receiver sights (aperture sights).

8x when using .243

12 or 10 or 8x when using .222 (depending on light available or using NV)

12x when using .17hmr (in daylight and with NV)

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

shot x3 foxes last night was on x20 at the last shot had to zoom right in to pick a way in through a load of twigs.
head shot.
the others were shot on x12
then in sweden shot x3 foxes at a bait station in star light on snow at x6.
the fallow I shot were on x12 as they were aways off.
usually have my stalking kit on x7

i shoot most things on 9x as my ballistic plex is set on that so i know my drops at most ranges if really close i go to 3x atb wayne

Have been using a 6x42 for the time I've had my own rifle, but I've just stuck a 3-18 Z6 on top and I'm liking the 10x, but I've yet to christen that one with a deer. I think it makes sense to use the same power as your binoculars or above. Found a few times that things i could see well through the bins suddenly weren't so easy to pick up with the 6x scope, either in cover or at longer ranges in Scotland.

Back