Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dog (GWP)

New Dog (GWP)

Hello lads, this is a continuing thread after the 'New Kennel and Base' thread. Got my new dog start of the week. He is a German Wirehaired Pointer by the name of Tod and is a young dog. Prime time for training, but for now im just getting him used to me now. Hes coming on great and is stopping, staying, returning and heeling fantastically. All the basic stuff is coming very well and he shows real promise.

Going to be training him for mostly rough shooting and beating but will also be used for tracking and retreiving foxes as i do a lot of fox shooting night and day.

Here is a pic of the lovely lad, note thought, he is a GWP but his coat is simular to a GSP! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290069.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	12761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290067.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	460.7 KB 
ID:	12760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC290065.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	12759

Are you sure it's a wire haired pointer. It looks more like a short haired pointer to me WelshHunter.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I'd agree with 8x57, looks very much like a GSP to me.

But I suppose he could be a GWP with a very short coat too.

Great looking dog, good luck with him.

Yep, have seen the dam and this dog has come from GWP breeders lads, i can assure you.

Best of luck with the training WH, mines 20months old now, and seems to be over the worst stuff.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Looks very GSP to me too ? Oh well if you've seen the dam I am sure you are correct. Good looking dog though. Be interested to see how you get on as I am sure my GWP is not quite wired right in the head but my old GSP was the dogs proverbials !

Lovely looking dog GWP was very flat coat initially, them overnight turned into a wire brush.

Nice dog Welshunter, I have a very similar dog with a short coat and a bit of a beard. You do sometimes get them without the beard and with a short coat. The breeder i use calls them 'slick' coats. I've seen litters which have slick pups and others that look like grizzly bears! Good luck and enjoy the training.

Look like a GSP to me. Here is my GWP 4 months old now. he is a beardie, wirey little fecker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jager Feb 102012 002.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	12863