Blaser.243 Loads

Drag1

Has anyone done a 100 grn or there about load for an R93, in .243. Mine loves lightweight rounds(70grn) but i can't seem to get a heavier bullet to group like them

Iv'e tried various tips from 80 grn up to 100 grn .There not bad but not as good as my Vermin rounds, but i want to use it to shoot more

deer, mainly Munty Roe and Fallow as i have other barrels for the larger speicies

any pointers lads ?

If it's a 1-10 twist barrel - as is usual, they may be very fussy about 100gn bullets & heavier, not much liking them at all. However, a Nosler 95gn BT will work with all UK species in .243W.

Cases: Remington 2.035" Neck Sized
Primer: Rem. 9 1/2
Propellant: Vihtavouri N160 x 44.5gns
Bullet: Nosler 95gn Ballistic Tip
OAL - Measured using a comparator guage: 2.490"

This recipe produces 1/8" (or less) MOA at 100 yards in my rifle.
Not so tight when I wobble!
Work up slowly if you try this propellant/recipe
It's been a great load for me for over 15 years. Cheers

Last edited:
thanks for the recipe , ive never used BT's for deer always gone for SP's but i'll give them a try.

i use h4895 in my r93 .243. only use 70gn ballistic tip now for fox and headshooting, 40gn is the load, 10 thou off. rifle also shoots raggy holes with same powder and 55gn ballistic tips (44.5 gn) and 95gn ballistic tips (35gn)

lost of people, including some bastians of the BDS swear by 70gn ballistic tips for deer.

personally if you have deer calibres i'd use them for the deer, and not try to make the .243 fight above its weight.

I and my friends used .243Win on all species of UK deer for 20 years. While it may be stretched on a longish shot on red & sika stags, it's more than enough for all the rest. On the larger species very accurate shot placement is required, but that should be the norm. in any event.
I keep my .243 for fox now as I use .25-06 for everything else.
Some of my friends continue to use .243W on all sexes of all species of UK deer very successfully.
Cheers, :tiphat:

Back