Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evictions

Is anyone else noticing bucks sparring and forming bacholer groups and last years bucks wandering around on their own?
    I'd expect to see this in about 4 weeks time.
    A little early i'd say but it is mild.
    This is not a casual observation i have seen it many times with different roe over the last 10 days or so.
    Is it just a yorkshire thing???

Yorkshire lads like a good punch up?

I watched a doe getting arsey with her twin bucks on Saturday morning. Didn't think anything of it at the time really, but i did ruminate on it in the afternoon and thought she may have been trying to chase them off early.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Not up here mate everything still seems settled. Are the bucks your seeing sparring still in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifestalker25 View Post
    Not up here mate everything still seems settled. Are the bucks your seeing sparring still in velvet.
    yes not seen any tatty velvet or fraying yet.

seen a super buck this wk end certainly a big gold with just a bit of velvet left a round coronet.
    he was pushing a young buck about.Have never seen them cleaned up this early in this part of country.

Was up in d&g at weekend. Saw a nice big mature buck with a younger animal tagging along with him. They seemed a contented pair.

My mate saw similar elsewhere on ground but with 2 young uns tagging along on that occasion.

All bucks still in full velvet.

I saw 2 younger bucks with a strong buck yesterday,was 2 doe's with them,only one now

Very much stilll in velvet here...........Infact I shot a very poorly little buck only a few days ago........looked emaciated.......I wondered if it had spent most of the winter without the doe. All lymph noded were fine but little to no fat coverage.

I've been watching three bucks hanging out for some time, two large and a smaller follower. This weekend I watched the largest buck split up the trio and push the other two away. Normal but maybe a little early. No signs of them losing velvet and does still tolerating last years young.