ATV training course

Scots_stalker

Following on from yesterdays thread. Does anyone know where I could sit the test in Scotland at a REASONABLE COST. I've had prices from 450 to 700 for a 2 day course

Gents,

try the Barony College, Dumfries did mine there and cost was ok for a 1 day course, supposed to have been 4 on course but 3 never showed so had day to my self.

Gents

checked reciept Nov 11,1 day course with quad hire £235.00 for Lantra atv experaenced handlers course,so take it they put the price up since last Nov, if you can handel a quad then you will only need 1 day starts about 9.30am finish about 16.30pm.

if they are quoting £450 then I must of been lucky.

Monty

What has the world come to when you have to fork out 500 hard earned in order to 'learn' to drive an atv. I know its health and safety so what else can I expect.

Has anyone got a copy of a ATV certificate they could E mail me so I can see what one looks like.<BR>I cannot see why this course is so Expensive.<BR>I was a grasstrack sidecar passenger for 8 years and then a driver for 4 years what the hell is someone going to teach me about how to handle a quad,<BR>I could probably teach the instructor.

Last edited:
Well, I've been in touch with Elmwood College in Fife and they reckon they can do a two day course for around £180.00 (I think). They need three people though as a minimum. I've suggested they become trade members on this site as I think they could offer a lot to the people on here looking for training.
Just a thought.

Well, I've been in touch with Elmwood College in Fife and they reckon they can do a two day course for around £180.00 (I think). They need three people though as a minimum. I've suggested they become trade members on this site as I think they could offer a lot to the people on here looking for training.
Just a thought.

is that NTCP?

The LANTRA course is no good if you want to use your quad on forestry commission land it has to be NPTC. I checked. It also lasts forever.
I am doing my test in the morning at the local ( 20mls away ) agricultural college I am not doing the course just the test £120.00.
Its a long shot but you can only do your best.

was told at the wk end on an estate i stalk their H/S person wants to stop the use of quads for towing :cuckoo: as the quads they use dont come new with a hitch just the bracket and they put the ball on on arrival on the est .seems on their scottish ests the keepers are towing far heavy loads up and down too steep gradients and having accidents ,reading between the lines i think they tore the balls off the quad brackets from miss use . in need of training ,dont mean they will take notice of it though :)

Back