New Hobby? New Passion Maybe?

Damien_B

Hi guys, I'm new here:)

I'm trying to find out more about deer stalking. It hasn't really been cultivated in my family, so i'm a bit clueless about the whole ordeal. For the last few months I've been trying to find an activity that will help me to get closer to nature and I think stalking might be it :) Besides, me and my wife have a little boy (3 years old now) and when he grows up I really want to have a father-son activity to share with him (I've never been a great athlete:) ). Glad to be here.

Hi and welcome to SD. Theres plenty of people on here who can help you out and by using the search box at the top, you can find past threads which are full of useful information.

Have you done any other shooting based hobby? Im sure you will love stalking and would suggest going out with a local guide, using their equipment to see what its all about and so you can see if you want to take your interest further.

I enjoy stalking partly because of the things you see which 99% of the rest of the UK will never see such as pine martens hunting red squirrels, cuckoos, wood peckers, deer obviously (not just to shoot!). Ive even found a meteorite while out stalking!

Another part of stalking which i love nearly as much as the shooting is the carcass handling, food preparation and educating others about this fantastic source of food on our doorsteps generally.

Again, welcome to the forum!

hi Damien and welcome to the forum.
your son will enjoy shooting and spending time out doors with you thats for sure.
both my lads started young and loved every minute shooting and ferreting when ever
they could and still do now.

a great sport for you both, enjoy

atb, mike

Hi Damien. What a nice introduction and such great motivation. Before I got into shooting I used to enjoy trekking around the countryside. Now that Im into shooting I find that I am just so much more aware of whats around me when I'm out and about. It's almost as though I was missing 90% of everything before!

This is a great site to learn, make new friends and get shooting experience. Enjoy :)

Steve

Back