lakelander 243

tony rentokil

hello to all I have just got into stalking and although I have not yet had a shot at a deer,I am enjoying the anticipation.I have been a practicing falconer for 40 years flying mainly peregrine at grouse,using various pointing dogs, I also breed falcons living in shropshire I do have access to land both for pigoen shooting and falconry. My chosen rifle is a beautiful lakelander which I bought recently and now would not sell for twice the priceI paid, anyway is there anyone out there that can advise me on where to buy beg steal a manual for a lakelander 389 243 calibre, or a least tell me why it has a safety catch with 3 positions ie forward fire middle safe back safe, thanks to all tony..

Hi Tony
I have been flying Birds of prey for 22 years, I hunt with a female finish Goshawk, and have bred a lot of different birds. I have just completed my DSC level 2 and will get it sent away this weekend.
I use a remmington .243 for my stalking and have been on the BASC stalking on the island of Arran in Nov last year.
welcome to the forum.

Lakelander

Welcome in! :)

The centre point on a three position safety will often allow you to cycle the bolt and unload the rifle whilst the trigger is blocked. An extra safety precaution if you like!

Try it and see if this applies to your new baby.

Rgds Ian

tony brownhill said:
hello to all I have just got into stalking and although I have not yet had a shot at a deer,I am enjoying the anticipation.I have been a practicing falconer for 40 years flying mainly peregrine at grouse,using various pointing dogs, I also breed falcons living in shropshire I do have access to land both for pigoen shooting and falconry. My chosen rifle is a beautiful lakelander which I bought recently and now would not sell for twice the priceI paid, anyway is there anyone out there that can advise me on where to buy beg steal a manual for a lakelander 389 243 calibre, or a least tell me why it has a safety catch with 3 positions ie forward fire middle safe back safe, thanks to all tony..

As IanF said, forward is ready to fire, middle you can unload but still be on safe and right back means everything is locked.

Tony

I'm unfamiliar with Lakelander, and my Norwegian is no good, but from a trawl of the web I think they were eventually bought by Kongsberg. Have a look here http://www.tpab.nu/ and click on Vapen. There are piccies of the Kongsberg rifles. If they look familiar, you might want to email them and verify?

willie_gunn

Back