Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clubhouse

Hi Everyone,
    I have been asked by a friend for some advice, so i thought i would ask the masses for as many ideas as possible. the clubhouse is in Bisley camp and will be open almost every day, as game shooters and stalkers please tell me what would you what from a clubhouse? All suggestions and ideas welcomed.
    Thank you.

Some common sense from the Bisley Council you run the place. Sorry but you asked.

As for a clubhouse well I can think of several that are well set up and might bear looking at to get ideas. Although the BSRC has a fairly new clubhouse it's mainly used for the running air rifle set up and not as a clubhouse...................... shame that or it was when I was down south and a member.. The Artists is quite well set up with not only food and drink but sleeping facilities as well.

Thank you for your thoughts, yes the artists are a good clubhouse, but i wanted something more bespoke for stalkers and game shooters.... maybe we will try and hold events, like a lunch with Mark Gilchrist (if we could get him)......that sort of thing. What would bring shooters to our club house??

In one corner......a bar
    In the middle of the room....a pole
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

nice toilets and a draught free smokers area

Your problem with Bisley will be the same as always the Council do not appear to like or appreciate stalkers and care only about the single shot target brigade.

As you wanting talks etc then the layout of the BSRC would probably suit your aims with additions that they don't have like a bar for refreshments. They do have a good BBQ though.

At the min we have a great bar, open fire, large BBQ area veranda, kitchen and good space. But, how would we get people in ect? and i think you are absolutely spot on about the general Bisley boys.

I am not a member of the NRA however I shoot with the police and will be at Bisley at the end of next month. I am a moderately experienced stalker and would pop in if you let me know where abouts in the Bisley set up you are. We usually stay at the St. Georges lodge and use the London and Middlesex for breakfast. I have been coming a couple of times a year for some time at havn't ever really explored the full facility. Usually too busy popping into London to see the bright lights.

Hi Steven, that would be great, i think all the clubs on camp are good, it would be nice to be able to bring in new people but there are no sleeping facilities. Maybe thats something to look into. the club house is the first on the right when you go into camp.