Syndicate

jingzy

Does anyone fancy starting a syndicate in Northern Scotland. Highland/Grampian sort of area. If we can get a few interested then we could put in a bid for a forestry block.

J

interest

JIngzy,

Are you thinking that this would be best suited to hardy scots or would it be practical for us poncy southerners?

I would be interested potentially but based in Yorkshire so would not be available on spec, would have to plan trips etc?

Just wondered what you were thinking

cheers

I'd be interested, but I don't have my L2 yet, does this mean I can go accompanied by a L2 or is it a NO NO from the start?

Cheers Bud

I am trying to gauge an interest on possibilities of a syndicate. Once I know what kind of interest is out there I can then try to approach land agents, forestry companies etc to see what is available. Anyone would be able to join up to a max figure (undecided on yet but probably a max of 8 to 10) If there were members down south, then access would be allowed when it suits them as they wouldn't be able to access the ground as readily as someone from the local area. If a reasonable chunk could be sought then it could be split into beats so that more than one can access at a time with a strict safety policy. DSC2 is unknown at present, I would try to get something without that stipulation. I have to say though ground is like rocking horse poo.

Jingzy

I don’t know if this is applicable to all forestry companies, but the one I am a lease holder with limits the number of syndicate members I can have on the lease to 6 max’. I know the FC have the same limitations on leases down here in the boarders. Something to bear in mind if you are putting a bid on a block and are looking to split the fee 10 ways only to find when you win it that 6 of you have to pick up the whole bill. :(

Perhaps other lease holders can comment.

PS can I join?

Only jesting. :lol:

Best rgds

Tahr

I would be interested jingzy.

I put a circular round all the private companies and land agents last week, looking for leases and contracts.

Nothing doing.

Rocking horse S***e sales might be more of a go'er, lol

You will find the FC are changing the numbers of rifles on their leases,the 2 i hold have a max of 6 but this year i chased two blocks and the numbers where 2 max and 3 max in the past these blocks had over 6 in the syndicate best to phone and check the small print,but if you come across some ground please give me a shout....
amberdog

Hi Jingzy,

I'd certainly be interested. Stay in the Central belt but easy enough to travel.
Been trying to get something from the FC for ages but no luck.

Blackie

Its a bit of a hike for me, but I may be interested depending on cost. If its not too much I'd love to have somewhere I could travel up to a few times a year.

Gez

Forestry Commmission for Scotland requires that the lease holder has L2, mauual lifting course, current first aid cert, access to trained dog within 20mins, 4x4, provide weekly cull reports to ranger and all bottom jaws be put in a bin provided. Additionally all other members must have L1 and be working towards L2, i underrstand the number to not exceded 6 members total.
It really changed a lot last year, its much harder to get into the leases which are probationary for the first year and run for 5.
You are first invited to view the land with the ranger and then invited to participate in a closed bid tender. Theres no guarentee that you will win the bid either and they appear to work on a points system, i.e. the more qualifications you have the higher up the pecking order you get; if you are succesful you need tp play it safe and comply with all the detail requirements, if you breach any part of the contract or fail to hit the cull target set by the rangers your cantract can be terminated.
FCS now take the leases very seriously. What it does do is really allow you to stalk land to a proper cull plan, it proibits under knowledged people and or who are not dedicated being there.

Clearly its not for everyone due to some of the conditions but if it fits with you then the great thing is that you can generally get a lot for your money, if you do a great job and the ranger like you then it certainly opens doors.
Good luck guys.

Back