Alpinhunting and GRS rifle stocks

Wapinschaw

1) Has anyone bought stuff from Alpinhunting.com?

They are based in Italy, seem to have a good range of stuff at competitive prices. Also EU so tax should not be an issue. Any experience good/bad with them?

2) I am considering a GRS stock for my Tikka 695 in 6.5x55 Swedish: http://grsriflestocks.com/grodas/sporter-varmint significantly cheaper from Alpinhunting, once again has anybody used/seen one, opinions good/bad???

Cheers

Martin

Saw one at the Phoenix meeting last year and that was for a Tikka 590. Cracking looking stock and as I have a 595 I was sorely tempted. Sorry I can't remember the dealer but the price was quite reasonable when I asked.

Hi there,
Did you deal with Aplinhunting, I have tried, but to no real sort of result yet, still waiting on a reply on an enquiry for two stocks.

I've got a GRS on my Tikka T3 Varmint in 6.5x55 - it is well worth the money, I have tried/owned other makes, but am now hooked on GRS:

SAM_0468.jpg

SAM_0467.jpg

I've changed the scope since the photo and it also now sports a Third Eye tactical rail with a Leupold scope.

I've got a GRS on my Tikka T3 Varmint in 6.5x55 - it is well worth the money, I have tried/owned other makes, but am now hooked on GRS:

SAM_0468.jpg

SAM_0467.jpg

I've changed the scope since the photo and it also now sports a Third Eye tactical rail with a Leupold scope.

Can i ask how much did it cost, and did any work need doing to it or was it just drop in and go?
Thanks Gavin

I actually put a hunter stock on my 25-06, and a shorter on my 223, both fit like a glove, and so solid. I am about to embark on a Long Range. Delivery was so quick, ordered on a Tuesday, arrived Friday. Very comp on price, and very comp on other goods.

ive a sako 85 xs action (.223) and the grs stocks look beautiful, however the grs site says they are only available from short for 85 actions , does this mean it wont fit the xs action? i will send an email but thought i would ask here first
many thanks
craig

Craig,
Call Jackson Rifles. They will advise as what Sako "mean" doesn't tally with what the actual Swedsh to English means as far as third party are concerned.

Stan

thanks to this tread and the info from gary beechener I also ordered a GRS stock Longe Range from alpin hunting.
I did not considered them first and was thinking to ordering it directly at GRS or a Dutch dealer (there is none for Belgium)....

So I asked some info from alpin hunting (shipping time, in stock?, price) and was quit amazed about the feedback. So I ordered.

Got it today! Very good price, fast shipping (ordered it last week tuesday, got it today)!

Thanks Gary!

Back