User names

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkimbo

Having looked at several posts on this forum I have been left feeling all sorts of emotions. Amazement, bewilderment confusion and best of all amusement.

People feel so passionate about certain subjects that they feel the need to post about them on this forum. My point is why hide behind user names and not reveal your true identity so we at least we know who we are debating with. I feel the need to hide behind ridiculous usernames is the fear of embarrassment at some of the utter garbage that is posted on this site.

If you feel so strongly about something that you need to post it on this site at least reveal your true identity so we can debate with a person rather than a username.

Man up and grow a pair before posting topics on this site and hiding behind user names.

NOW before anyone has a go about my ridiculous username its only because I dont know how to change it.

ATB

Tom

Having looked at several posts on this forum I have been left feeling all sorts of emotions. Amazement, bewilderment confusion and best of all amusement.

People feel so passionate about certain subjects that they feel the need to post about them on this forum. My point is why hide behind user names and not reveal your true identity so we at least we know who we are debating with. I feel the need to hide behind ridiculous usernames is the fear of embarrassment at some of the utter garbage that is posted on this site.

If you feel so strongly about something that you need to post it on this site at least reveal your true identity so we can debate with a person rather than a username.

Man up and grow a pair before posting topics on this site and hiding behind user names.

NOW before anyone has a go about my ridiculous username its only because I dont know how to change it.

ATB

Tom
Hi Tom
I have got my very strong Tin hat on and Im sure if you look at some of my posts I have displayed my name (Paul Jermy) and Im sure if my user name was bigkimbo I would change it :rofl: only joking Tom.
I like this site and dont want to get thrown off :thumb:
Paul

Because this is a public site. Not everyone wants anti's etc knowing who they are.

in edit..can you imagine the stick you'd get if your name was Danny Fripping!

i think everyone knows me as

jockstrap

bobjs

scotland rifles.

some even know my full name and address, some have been to my home to collect something etc, but im not happy with every tree hugger in the local area knocking at my door, calling my girls names etc.

i too have been banned from other forums for being other then truthful and speaking up for some one, and for me to get banned from here over my proper name etc would really miss pe off.

but saying that, if i felt really strong about something said etc on here i would speak to the forum staff, who are just about the best on all the forums (including the ones im not banned from ) that i belong too.

bob.

ATB

Tom
+1 Who needs to hide behind a username/ atb Tim

....I think you need to chill out a bit Tom. Are you one of these people who joins a site just to moan and bitch or are you going to contribute something interesting to the forum and talk about deer stalking.

Cheers Dave

I Dont get your point

Ok try this, you post under your full name, and a provide a list of your firearms in your sig line.
Then come over all surprised when your home is broken into and your guns go missing, or your family is targeted by a group of anti's.

Neil. :)

I am not going to moan and bitch about anything other than some of the garbage that I read on here. I give credit where credit is due, guess what, not much credit given out today

Why not see if there is a meeting in your area (or arrange one in the events forum) and you can meet and see the ugly mugs behind the usernames. Plenty of us have anonymous usernames but have still met and/or know each other.... and a right bunch of :cuckoo: they are too :lol:

Ok try this, you post under your full name, and a provide a list of your firearms in your sig line.
Then come over all surprised when your home is broken into and your guns go missing, or your family is targeted by a group of anti's.

Neil. :)

You hit the nail on the head Neil,
regards Richard Head

You live in a differnet world to me quite clearlly. I would have no problem signing in under my real name if only I could.

Get real and join our world!!!

I am not going to moan and bitch about anything other than some of the garbage that I read on here. I give credit where credit is due, guess what, not much credit given out today

Yet you still feel the need to hide behind a username, ok you don't know how to change but why start with that firstly??? pot - kettle.......

I use my name, but that's because I'm far too lazy to try and think anything else up.

I've used usernames on certain forums, and have nothing against people using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back