blaser lrs2 anybody got one of these?

I have the Tactical 2, which is the latest version of the LRS / LRS2 - it differs in a larger diameter barrel shank and integral picatinny rail fixed to the barrel.

They are excellent rifles, truly comfortable to shoot in any position and phenomenally accurate for a factory gun.

I have one in 308 that is for sale - the only reason for the sale is I am making a custom rifle I own into a switch barrel...

Had I only one rifle that I use in tactical competitions and for stalking (mulitiple "targets") I would be keeping it.

bought one myself last week in 223. the guy that had it only fired 40 shots through it and traded it in for a kreighoff shotgun. i got it and a swarovski 6 - 24 by 50 pv scope for less than the price of the blaser new so well chuffed. im going to use it for targets and foxes mostly. did you have any issues with yours at all?

heard stories about failing actions due to sizing issues but any ammo il be putting into it will be double checked just as i do with every round i make . thanks for your input mate its most appreciated.

The only failed actions were caused by gross overloads and wrong powder usage.

Full length re-size all cases (unless you use factory ammo)

id seen the pictures of the guy on here myself. seemingly he used pistol powder in the cases and got his overall length wrong. just waiting on the variation coming through on my licence and im good to go- cant wait on it coming back to be honest. been looking up the swarovski ballistics program online for the scope and will be interested to see the results in the field. il let you know what way i get on with that one cheers.

T
Full length re-size all cases (unless you use factory ammo)

I keep getting told this, and I did have problems with neck sizing when I first got my Blaser but they turned out to be down to a faulty die. Since then I've been neck sizing with a Lee Collet die and have had no problems at all. I don't know how many loads some of my brass has had since last full length sized but it is certainly more than 5 in some cases and I've never had one fail to chamber. My loads are fairly stout.

So, I am sure there is a good reason why people keep saying this but to date I haven't found any practical reason for it in the course of my own reloading.

I keep getting told this, and I did have problems with neck sizing when I first got my Blaser but they turned out to be down to a faulty die. Since then I've been neck sizing with a Lee Collet die and have had no problems at all. I don't know how many loads some of my brass has had since last full length sized but it is certainly more than 5 in some cases and I've never had one fail to chamber. My loads are fairly stout.

So, I am sure there is a good reason why people keep saying this but to date I haven't found any practical reason for it in the course of my own reloading.
Same for me, I'm loading 308 and 243 for my R8 using Sako cases. The 308 cases have only had 3 reloads, but my 243 has had 5 with no problems so far. It's the lack of having no camming action when closing the bolt that worries people, I will probably full length size on the 243 next time round. Bubble

I have an LRS2 in 308, with spare barrels in .243 and 223 Rem. It is great fun to shoot and superbly accurate. I have a S&B PM11 5-5x56 a top and shoot Privi 168 gr HPBT to good effect. I wish I could shoot it, out to longer ranges as 300m doesn`t test it.

im lucky that way with the land i have. ive about 400 acres to myself and have ample space for a range out to 600 yards or more so it will be interesting to see how it shoots at that range. what ammo do you use for the 223 barrel?.

Having bought my first Blaser with one of the original black off-road stocks, I then bought one with an Off-road pro stock and subsequently a .243 Match barrel. This weighed a bit much for the Pro stock and I was trying to sell it when an LRS2 came along.

Tried to get on with that for a few months and was all but ready to chop it in as I couldn't get comfortable with the standard adjustable cheekpiece - too fat for me in the central position and moving it across was no good as I sometimes need to switch to left-handed when foxing.

Drove me nuts until I built a new slimline cheekpiece for it so now it's hunkey dorey right- handed, left-handed, whichever.

Gotta be the way to improve a great rifle, don't know why Blaser don't offer a slimline cheekpiece as standard ie with the same profile as the standard stocks.

Lol! No, I didn't chop up one of my original stocks for the cheekpiece! I cut one out of Remi stock that had been junked to put the action into a custom stock. Cost me a tenner, plus the cost of a new fishplate from Blaser.

Love 'em all.

atb
FBW
:cool:

cant wait to pick mine up this week. what sort of accuracy are you getting out of yours?

conor1 what loads do you use for your 223 barrel ? just wondering as im trying to get a load worked out at the minute and just wanted a second opinion. thanks

Back