Sales Limit

308boy

Is it me?

Everytime I logon to this stalking site there are some members in particular selling everything but (or including) the kitchen sink.

Member(s) are using this site as a personal ebay and it is ****ing me off.

If you introduced a small fee for this service (charity maybe) it would sort this out in a stroke.

Cherio

That seems a bit carmudgeonly.

For every sale there's not only a seller but a buyer too.

I've bought far more than I've sold on here and made some good contacts and one or two I'd even consider as friends now out of the exercise.

Long may the current terms continue.

I agree Tamus... just a crabbit wee stalker that 308boy... maybe he hasn't ran out of dosh or had a bad illness and had to offload kit that is tieing up good cash?

its most likely me who's pi55ed him off (o dear )

i asked permission to place my adds and was told to crack on, i think that if its no use to me then maybe there is someone out there who wants it, does it not make sense to see if anyone does, and if it sells then you have both a happy buyer and a happy seller,

makes for a happier place doe's it not.

bob.

Is it me?

Everytime I logon to this stalking site there are some members in particular selling everything but (or including) the kitchen sink.

Cherio
How many items you would consider reasonable in a year per member? imo it is an excellent way to get a bargain and i would like to thanks this site and its members for it. With regard to charging members, i'm sure if any member went too far the admin would step in and ask for them to take out trade membership to continue selling.

atb Blue.

It would also "sort it out" as you say if you just didn't bother clicking on the sales section.

Bob

I did forget to mention the fact that if the forum was to ask me to pay a one of yearly fee for using the sales section i would pay it with no issues,.

i love the sales and swaps bits, if you have a budget to keep to then these sales do help people out in more ways than one. in the past i have had a good job with Fn good wages, suddenly i don't have that anymore, so i get shot of all the bits i have had for years (like we all do) that no longer are used or needed and sell them on to allow me to keep doing my shooting,

I really don't think its a bad thing, and this forum bar NONE have what i call the correct attitude about it.

kind regards

bob.

ps: if i have something you need want or just fancy "I'll always have a price for it" you can count on me.

PPS: and im not a trader, just in case you thought of asking ;)

Is it me?

I'm with you on this one. No need to say cheerio and disappear as you're not alone. There has been a blizzard of ads. of late, many of which aren't related to shooting. At times it's more Steptoe & Son than SD.

I've noticed one individual flogging more Die-Sets than he can possibly have held rifles for on his ticket so maybe not everyone is fessing up to 'trade status'. There are certainly members who do nothing but push stuff, and hover around looking for a bargain without ever contributing to the debate or any of the forums. That only mirrors life so not easy to discourage predatory behaviour.

It can be a real turnoff at certain times of day, and I don't look at 'Todays Posts' as often as I used to. This Link could maybe do with a filter to remove 'Classifieds' for the browsers who aren't interested.

Is it me?

If you introduced a small fee for this service (charity maybe) it would sort this out in a stroke.

Cherio

No it wouldn't sort it out, if you had to pay a nominal £1 say to sell an item, they would still sell as many items just put the fee on top
of the price they want.

Does it really matter how many items one person sells as long as they are advertising them honestly and at a reasonable price?

I enjoy looking at whats for sale, chance of a bargain and it keeps those who wish to know the "market" value of stuff.
What does get me down a little are the items which have been long sold but are still marked for sale.

.... are some members in particular selling everything but (or including) the kitchen sink. .....

Well, my Dad says I take everything including the kitchen sink stalking. More seriously, I have bought stuff, sold stuff, been given stuff and given stuff away. It's been fun and I have met some very interesting folk along the way and I am sure I will continue to do so. I am happy with how things work at the minute.

Thanks JCS

SD classifieds have been running more than long enough for Admin to decide what's best for this site,......... as to filtering out stuff, I use the mark one eyeball, in tandem with my sense of interest, or lack of!.

Don't see the issue. Classifieds are a integral part of any "publication". If you don't like them, don't go there. I have bought a few decent bits and bobs there and sold some really expensive gear there also that I would not have got good value for if I traded in to an RFD.

To be fair, I think the admin team are missing a bit of a trick here. I would be happy to pay a bit of a seller's fee to the hosts on some of the sales I have made.

Entirely arbitarily: sales of £10 - £100 £1 to admin, £100 - £500 £2.50, £500-£1000 say a fiver and £10 to admin for any sale you make in excess of a grand. It would be hard to police and largely an honour thing, but it would bring in a few quid to support the site.

I agree Tamus... just a crabbit wee stalker that 308boy... maybe he hasn't ran out of dosh or had a bad illness and had to offload kit that is tieing up good cash?

Kettle and pot come to mind here RED Eyes

I have bought and sold on here same as everyone else. I have no issue with a fair use policy. It is just the same as in every walk of life, you get "delboy" members with 3-wheel reliant keyboards who take the poverbial.

Admin may like to consider a classified tab like "other gear" or as in some cases "old shite I dont need nor would any one else so feck ebay i will chance it on SD for free"

Just because I tell it like I see it does not mean I am crabbit or curmudgeonly (in my eyes) but in the same breath does not mean that you need to agree with me.

I may be wrong but maybe it`s a sign of the times. Some may be moving stuff on as they would rather have the cash than the item sitting ing the loft for the next X amount of years. I look in the classifieds and if nothing interests me then i move on no matter who posted it.
If there`s one thing that rags my arse in the classifieds is new members going straight in on an item with "I`ll have that" without even posting an introduction.

I can see both side its great to have a classifieds but there are some that are turning it into a business.
But you are a crabbit wee stalker 308BOY :rofl:

+1 with 308boy on this one !
Some people seem to be selling stuff when they are clearly trade members or not as they seem, items for sale should at least be stalking or shooting related !

The classified section is here is brilliant. I've picked up some good bargains, and met some good people. I think that, rather than detracting from the site, a lively and full classified section adds massively to it. It brings people in, both buyers and sellers, who then go on to add their knowledge and experience to the mass of information available.

Why do some people think that someone "above them" should sort the world for them so that it fits exactly what they want? Seriously, we're big boys and girls. If you don't like it, don't look at it. I'm not interested in certain other sections, but instead of posting up posts complaining about all the talk about x or y, I let them get on with it!

So, if you don't like, as in most areas of life, don't look, but don't make the mistake of calling for regulation or charges. The smaller the input of admin/mods, the better the site is imho. More regulation is pretty much never the answer!

Last edited:
First of all we make nothing from folk placing an advert if it is a personal sale, and at this point in time we have no intention of charging. HOWEVER we are aware that some do carry out rather more sales than one would normally expect, and if anyone is trading without paying then please let admin know.

I must admit mobile phones :rolleyes: is not really stalking related. It takes time to monitor this site, and if you are looking through the classifieds then you must be seeking something to buy!! and if you thinks someone is taking the p//// then let us know. There have been one or two of late who have joined the trade membership after being pulled up for advertising and one would hope that any member reading this who is selling as a trade member but not paying a small fee of £10 a month would do right by this site.

Back